Search results

1. rmcderm313

Boiler circulator pump leaking flange/gasket replacement

Doing a little more research it looks like the copper pipe coming into the input side of the pump is 3/4, but is using an expanding coupler to 1 inch. So I'll order the 1 inch flanges. When replacing the flange is it simply using thread tape and screwing it on?
  2. rmcderm313

Boiler circulator pump leaking flange/gasket replacement

Hi All, I've got a leaking circulator pump on my boiler. It appears that the gasket has failed and the exposure has done some damage to the flange and possibly the pump housing as well. I'm certainly no plumber but I'm pretty handy, so I'm going to try and replace this myself. Here is a link...
  3. rmcderm313

Extending a baseboard radiator - Need the return to stay above the floor

Wow.... It's going to take me a little bit to digest everything you wrote here. Thanks so much for your help and I will respond with answers to your questions (and probably more questions) ASAP. I can't tell you how helpful it is to have someone like yourself providing guidance and answers on...
  4. rmcderm313

May have answered my own question by finding this.... This is from the installation manual for this product: Slant/Fin® Multi/Pak®80 -2' Hydronic Baseboard Radiation For Hot Water 103-401-2 Any thoughts or advice on using this method to solve my issue? Thanks, Rob
  5. rmcderm313

Hi All, Several years ago we extended our breezeway/foyer, almost doubling in size. Most of the added size extends past the foundation and is over an area that is exposed to the elements aside from some lattice. This area is supported up to building code etc, but it as no basement under it...
  6. rmcderm313

Draining and refilling a Burnham Boiler and Indirect Water Heater Combination

Thanks so much! This is great... I have all baseboard units so I shouldn't need to drain too much. Is there a good way to test whether I've drained the target pipes well enough or is it just a matter of trying to de-solder the pipe and seeing if it works? My expansion tank which is connected...
  7. rmcderm313

Draining and refilling a Burnham Boiler and Indirect Water Heater Combination

Hi All, I am planning on extending a baseboard forced hot water radiator in a foyer. I’m waiting for Spring in case I run into any issues, I don’t want to be without heat. I have some questions about that extension as well but I’ll save those for a later thread. First things first, I’m...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks