Search results

1. LoveTLDIYF

Water hammer issue

Thanks. I will get the pressure checked. Meanwhile I drained the system and the banging stopped. My house is 60+ years old so perhaps there are some T pipes in the walls that needed to drain. Happy New Year!
  2. LoveTLDIYF

Water hammer issue

Thanks for that. I just looked behind the washer and noticed the cold water hose kicks when the washer's intake closes. That's despite having an arrestor installed on either end of the hose. I shut the valve to about one half open and same thing.
  3. LoveTLDIYF

Water hammer issue

Hi. I have that typical thud noise when the washer's cold water valve shuts off. I now have two arrestors installed, one on the washer's cold water intake and one on the cold water shut off valve. There is no vibration in the pipe at the shut off valve yet there is this thud somewhere in the...
  4. LoveTLDIYF

Mildew smell coming from overflow holes

I filled the sink to the level of the overflow then poured a gallon of bleach in. Then I pushed the empty bottle into the sink which forced more of the water/bleach into the overflow holes. But then the musty smell became a bleachy one. So I filled the sink up again and this time emptied a box...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks