Search results

1. Z

Getting ready to set toilet.......

Finished setting toilet Thanks for all the help, it was much appreciated. What I finally ended up doing was using some plastic anchors and some stainless steel screws. The holes in the flange were big enough to allow me to get a 1/4" masonary bit through and then the plastic anchors did not...
  2. Z

Moen 87780SL leaking on cold side only

So would it be possible to take the aerator out and see if this stopped the drip? Seems like if it was a drain out of the spouts arc, it would do it on both sides and not just the cold side. Drew
  3. Z

Moen 87780SL leaking on cold side only

Hello all, I told a friend that I would post this question for her as I was already a member and could do it a lot easier for her. Any way she has a new MOEN Single Handle Kitchen Faucet with High-Arc Spout - Model #87780SL purchased from Lowes or HD, not sure which. When ever she turns...
  4. Z

I agree the lead ferrell's work a ton better. Problem is I don't think I can get them in through the flange. I should have put them in before I glued the flange in place and after I set the tile. Another good option is Red Heads. They hold very well for securing walls to the concrete...
  5. Z

Hello, I am getting ready to set my toilet in the basement and I got a question. but first a little background. Bathroom is in the basement on concrete floor, tile is done, and the flange is sitting on top of the tile. The 4" pipe coming out of the concrete is completely cemented in and...
  6. Z

Shower drain questions

Offset The offset was needed as the rough in was done 5 years ago when the house was built. The P-trap will not directly align with the shower drain unless there is an offset of some type. I don't have enough pipe sticking out of the concrete to get the P-trap to align without the offset...
  7. Z

Basement Bathroom Venting questions

Aav I probably should not have said slow. He indicated that the way in which it was set up I would not need another vent. He then said that I could add an AAV if I thought it was necessary, but he said that "he" would not unless it was necessary. I took that as meaning slow. Z.
  8. Z

Shower drain questions

Lasco Shower & Oatey Drain I have a lasco 48" shower 1 piece enclosure and here is a link to the drain. http://www.oatey.com/shower_drains/103.html Thanks, Z.
  9. Z

Shower drain questions

Hello, I am putting a shower in the basement and I have some questions on connecting the drain to the p-trap. I had my underground inspection yesterday and everything was good, but I am a little confused on attaching the drain. The drain glues onto the P-trap and once the shower is in place...
  10. Z

Update to Venting Question Well the inspector was out yesterday and he said that I did not need to vent anything else that way that it was set up. He said tha if the drain was a little slow I could add a AAV at the Vanity to help be more air into the System. Just thought you all might like...
  11. Z

I forgot to mention, the ejection pump (I do not have a sump) does have it's own vent. There is also a vent for the main portion of plumbing for the master and main bath. The sink in the master bath has what I believe is an AAV above the p-trap. I believe that the vent that ties into he...
  12. Z

I checked last night and the vent pipe is 1-1/2". Also I checked upstairs in my master bathroom and I found that the sink drain has what I think is a AAV attached to the drain. Would I be ok putting one of these in the vanity in the basement? I have my underground inspection for my shower...
  13. Z

The Vent I believe is 1-1/2", but I will have to check to be certain. It may be 2". The Drain is a floor drain by the furnace. Z.
  14. Z

Hello, And first I would like to say that I am no expert at plumbing. I did work for a builder for about 4 years though, so I am not new to the house building/remodeling game. But to get to my question: I am finishing my basement myself, I have pulled all necessary permits, and I want to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks