Search results

1. Vmm_Seattle

DWV Advice

I found the vent size and maximum loading you specified in the code. Thanks.
  2. Vmm_Seattle

DWV Advice

Thanks very much for the quick response and for explaining the background about pressurization. Greatly appreciate your help.
  3. Vmm_Seattle

DWV Advice

I have recently upsized to a 2" inch diameter vent stack for the toilet, shower & sink combined. Still have problem with venting the lower level though. Any ideas would be appreciated. aundry.
  4. Vmm_Seattle

DWV Advice

I mean no disrespect, but technically my vent vents are not undersized. The code requires a vent at least not less than one half the size of the largest soil stack. In this case I may have up to 10 fixture units & a maximum vent length of 30 feet for a diameter of 1 1/2 inches. The AAV was a...
  5. Vmm_Seattle

DWV Advice

Can it be an Air Admittance Vent (AAV) like one used for an island?
  6. Vmm_Seattle

DWV Advice ~ Edmonds, WA

Yes, I will use a AAV for the island. So the way I have done it could be an issue even with using a Wye at the island sink attach ? See completion photos . Thanks
  7. Vmm_Seattle

DWV Advice

Need sizing and configuration advice for DWV (See above diagram). Worried about distance from first floor laundry vent to soil stack attach (exceed 6 ft ). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  8. Vmm_Seattle

DWV Advice ~ Edmonds, WA

Here is a diagram that may help. It sounds like I cannot tie the vent to the waste because there are drain that occur after it. Do I have to extend the stack straight up (far left of diagram)? Can I just extend my vent up to the roof after my sink?
  9. Vmm_Seattle

DWV Advice ~ Edmonds, WA

Need DWV advice for two sinks. Main sink will be 16 ft & island sink will be 8 ft from waste stack. Proposed 2 in vent & waste shown in gray. Trying to avoid creating an additional (perhaps un-needed penetration through roof) See yellow. Essentially asking can we consider the stack extension...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks