Search results

1. Eden

To go tankess or not

Well... even if I take some measurements and do the the calculations, which actually I did, it is still an estimate of how much water I use on any given day, because I am not so OCD that I have put a mark on the side to be sure I fill it to exactly the same level each and every time I use it...
  2. Eden

To go tankess or not

Hah - the cost of the tank heaters that have been recommended isn't really much less... although if we were to get a new electric one we'd probably put it in ourselves, and a gas one we'd have installed, which would of course add to the cost. Whether our gas line would up to the task will have...
  3. Eden

To go tankess or not

If we were to go tankless it would be gas, not electric, but with all the problems they seem to have that is really sounding like a less likely option...
  4. Eden

To go tankess or not

Lol - my bath is a much more zen like experience, but I will look into that water heater. I get the feeling it's time to go and have a face to face chat with a supplier.
  5. Eden

To go tankess or not

I'm not terribly worried about the upfront cost... While I certainly don't desire to throw away money, cheapest in the short term isn't necessarily my goal, but rather best solution in the long run. There is no maybe about replacing the water heater - I'm not kidding when I say it's long...
  6. Eden

To go tankess or not

@Dana - We don't intend to do anything to our existing electric tank as it really does need replacing - it's been on it's last legs for probably the last 20 years... the plan always was to wait until it died and then go to a different system. It just lasted a lot longer than we ever expected and...
  7. Eden

To go tankess or not

Lol - I have been reading the complaints about tankless... that is what has given me some doubt that it's a good idea. In theory they seem like a great idea - not storing a great big tank of hot water and never running out, but it sounds like even after all these years there's still bugs in the...
  8. Eden

To go tankess or not

Looks like our water is hovering right around 42F right now and this is probably about as cold as it will get. Our water does come out the Cedar River watershed and even in summer is largely snow melt, and so I think doesn't warm up as much as it might otherwise.
  9. Eden

To go tankess or not

When we bought our house 20 some odd years ago we figured we'd go tankless when we had to replace our aged and limping electric 50 gallon hot water heater, but lo and behold with a few minor repairs, it's held out all these years.... Now we've got our soaking tub in place we're once again...
  10. Eden

Stone (often marble) toilet slab questions

I'm looking for someone who knows what a toilet slab is and how one is installed... They don't appear to be overly common anywhere but in New York, where apparently they were required by code at some point in time to retrofit old houses that didn't have indoor plumbing with a toilet on a wooden...
  11. Eden

How to sell an unused plumbing item?

lol - I think even Nordstroms would draw the line at this thing.. It's got a pvc tray so I don't know that it would be good for outdoors, at least not anywhere that would get heavy things rolling over it, like a driveway or garage. The company did start by making pool and sidewalk drains...
  12. Eden

We dislike our sunken "Roman" tub.

I've got a slightly wild suggestion - this would be perhaps slightly expensive, but probably not as expensive as ripping out the existing tub. How about getting an ofuro (Japanese wooden soaking tub) built to line the existing tile tub. It would be warmer, softer and more comfortable than the...
  13. Eden

How to sell an unused plumbing item?

I have an unused, somewhat unusual, plumbing item - an 80" Infinity drain, that I'm looking to sell. We didn't use it, and as we have taken a bit of time with this project, our plans changed to use a preformed pan that has a built in linear drain in the meantime. It was a relatively pricey item...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks