Search results

1. Soparklion

POLL: What is this pipe under my slab?

House ~1945, full basement and 2 stories. I am replacing a section of cast iron pipe (long story). The waste pipe descends from the 2nd floor to 1st floor (no connections) to the basement in the far left corner in the photo, which is no the corner of the house. In the photo, there is a wye...
  2. Soparklion

80 yr old cast iron drain pipe...

my home is 80 yrs old. Due to another incident, I'm replacing the basement floor drain. The joints that I can see appear to be in good condition. The pipe isn't corroded through that I can tell. A plumber friend suggests that I have the whole house replaced... any opinions? Should I insist...
  3. Soparklion

Basement Floor Drain Pipe Collapsed - demo first or call?

My house was built in 1942 and was flipped once. There are two waste stacks. One enters the concrete slab as plastic before picking picking up more waste from a laundry tub and floor drain. Last week, the washing machine discharged into the laundry tub and that water was regurgitated up the...
  4. Soparklion

Mastic removal - Polisher with Diamabrush or 7" Grinder

I need to remove paint/mastic from ~250 sq ft of concrete. I'm considering a $50 DeWalt diamond wheel on a 7" grinder vs renting a floor polisher and a Diamabrush for ~$140/day. The polisher has a hookup for a vacuum that would hopefully diminish dust...
  5. Soparklion

Up to here in feces...

PROBLEM: There is dried feces in the vertical portion of my 4" toilet sewer line. I tore apart my 2nd floor bathroom ~2 months ago so the toilet drain has been unused long enough to be completely dry. I cut off the old lead drain piece near the T, leaving enough of a stub to Fernco to a new...
  6. Soparklion

PVC to Cast Iron for toilet drain

I had a broken toilet flange. I cut off the old lead drain pipe, leaving a 1.5" stub before the cast iron fitting. How should I connect the new PVC pipe? I tried to link pics of the possible solutions. Use a shielded 4" Fernco coupling to a PVC 4" to 3" reducer, then 3" PVC pipe...
  7. Soparklion

12" run of 2" drain is level... do I...

The attached photo shows the drain from my bathroom sink to the main drain, with a Y to the upstairs sink. The 2" pipe is ~level (only 1/8" drop over its 12" run). Is it worthwhile to cut off the pipe with a grinder and put it back together with a 2" rubber coupling and a slight elevation of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks