Search results

1. brokenparts

Houston, we have a problem. Well sunk?

Looks like I’m going to have to. Just threw in a new breaker same weird result.
  2. brokenparts

I recall it being 3/4... I can check when I get home.
  3. brokenparts

The only other thing note worthy to report is recent HEAVY rain after a long dry summer.
  4. brokenparts

It is very strange... The breaker is not GFCI or AFCI, the subpanel is feeding other things BUT I shut them off to isolate the pump/20amp sub panel breaker itself.
  5. brokenparts

Back from the dead... I got everything resolved and things have been going soomthly until this weekend. Recently my breaker for my well pump has been tripping. The previous owner had wired a sub panel for the pump with a 20amp breaker that goes to a 30 amp breaker in the main box. The 20amp...
  6. brokenparts

Got water flowing this weekend. Seems to be flowing at about 12gph which is a little bit more than it was before... go figure. Water was very murky at first but has cleaned up quite a bit after letting it flow for an hour or two. I'm thinking I've dodged a bullet on this one. I'll update...
  7. brokenparts

Going to try to pump water today... Cross your fingers for me.
  8. brokenparts

Still evaluating everything. Should know more tonight/tomorrow.
  9. brokenparts

Too dark to take pictures this morning but the concrete has sunk a bit more since yesterday. Luckily we have another well on the property and we were able to stretch enough hose from it to our home filtration system... that will at least get us by until we figure out this problem. They are...
  10. brokenparts

There is a bottom to the concrete box (concrete). The fittings from the pump to everything else seem to be intact. I would expect to see more water "in the box" if it had filled with water.
  11. brokenparts

The casing was roughly 4-5" or so above the floor of the the concrete "box" which was roughly even with the dirt. You can kinda see where the concrete was on the casing. It's very difficult to measure how much or IF the casing has sunk. My gut tells me it has sunk a bit though.
  12. brokenparts

Again, the wood on top of that concrete is usually 2 feet above grade. It's hard to tell about the casing... but it certainly has not sunk at the same rate as the concrete.
  13. brokenparts

That's what the first two service guy said... Here is a couple more pics with better light and you can see it is still sinking.
  14. brokenparts

Just had a pump/well service company come out... they think the well has collapsed. It is continuing to sink...it is down another 6" or so. They had to call in the big boss to evaluate. He isnt available until this afternoon.
  15. brokenparts

that line was just an extra line that went to a faucet outside... it was turned off.
  16. brokenparts

Walked to the shower this morning... no water. It has been really cold (below freezing) here for several weeks, so I think... crap, broken pipe under the house. So I look, no water under the house. Then I walk out to the well and see this: The top of that concrete is usually about 2-3...
  17. brokenparts

Pressure Switch violent/rapid clicking on/off

I will surely do that... I did not have all the connections or time to do it that way when I got home last night. I will probably get to it this weekend.
  18. brokenparts

Didn't have a lot of time tonight but I did get the switched moved... so far so good. Pump is running continuosuly with a few sprinklers on and cuts in and out like it should. My plan is to take out the unneeded zig zag and to clean up the wiring.
  19. brokenparts

Correct... in most watering situations the pump runs continuously. The other situations are things like hand watering my wife's garden where only one hydrant will be on. I should note that the house water supply is through another well on the property.