Search results

1. Bsmitty

Softener/Treatment System Recommendations

I will look into these non-powered pellet feeders. Another option I was made aware of is a pellet feeder which sits on top of the well head...powered by the pump power, drops pellets when the well pump is on. They must be weather resistant as they are designed for outside use. Would also use...
  2. Bsmitty

Yep, that's what I suspected...the anodes. Electric hot water heater. This is a very minor issue which I only notice sometimes in the shower. I expect it will largely be addressed when the bacteria issue is resolved. The cistern is buried and the water inlet from the well is below ground...
  3. Bsmitty

So staying with your rough math...if I had 3 CF of carbon and added ~3 gallons of chlorine (3K gallon cistern) quarterly, 12 gallons a year, that media would last about 5 years. Not bad..and even when I have to replace it that's much cheaper and more effective than replacing the BB GAC...
  4. Bsmitty

? Was this intended for this thread?
  5. Bsmitty

Thanks dittohead! I definitely would not have installed the BB setup, inherited it. This is my first experience with well water. Love it. Slowly figuring it all out. Now you've got me thinking (dangerous!): The softener will happen for sure. For the bacteria, are you saying chlorine AND...
  6. Bsmitty

Thanks Reach4. I'd read somewhere that with really hard water...a UV light ahead of the softener could not be effective as the grains could literally shield the bacteria from the light. Not sure how true that is. Also, you were right, I said that wrong about the RO filter...I understand the...
  7. Bsmitty

Hello all, Longtime reader, first time poster. Truly appreciate the great information here and helpfulness of the regular contributors. Apologies in advance for a long post: Bought a house a couple years ago. House was built in 2000, originally with a large underground concrete cistern...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks