Search results

1. WhittneyG

Legal/landlord issues... Is it me or my low flow toilet??!!

We are going to leave. Since, the court hearing, the landlord has came over twice unannounced (I saw her walking around my back yard), and when I asked her if she needed something, she cursed us out and yelled racial slurs, and threatened to get us out one way or the other. She is obviously...
  2. WhittneyG

Toilet Double Flushes

Would you recommend this being something we need to bring to the plumbers attention and have him come and fix it, or should we try to fix it ourselves?
  3. WhittneyG

Toilet Double Flushes

I have a similar problem with my toilet in the spare bedroom. It sounded like it was running water constently, so the plumber changed the flapper. Now the toilet doubles flushes after every use. I'm not knowledgeable about toilets, but I was told it was an older low flow toilet and uses a lot of...
  4. WhittneyG

Just for an update... We went to court, landlord couldn't explain why she was asking for $5000. She quickly dropped it down to $1500. The judge sided with us, landlord won nothing. Judge said it was another money hungry landlord trying to take advantage of the law... He said there was not one...
  5. WhittneyG

We had a licensed Plumber come out to talk to us, and his first concern, right away, was that there may now be mold because the kitchen ceiling still has not been repaired since the damage occurred. There are large brown/yellow spots all along kitchen and dining room with is where water came...
  6. WhittneyG

Several people have said for us to move. That's not possible unless she is going to allow us out of our lease. We have another year there. I'm sure she would love for us to move out and break our lease, so she can still sue for all of the rent money as well as ruin our credit and rental history...
  7. WhittneyG

So, do you think, there was anything we should've done differently to notice this? And what can we do to prevent the second upstairs toilet from doing the same thing as the first toilet and is having an another issue?
  8. WhittneyG

The toilet overflowed from the bowl. There is no other floors higher than the second floor. Thee is another bathroom on the 2nd Floor. That toilet is rarely used, but the water comes very high whenever flushes and actually flushes twice every time. That toilet is also 20 years old. Our fear...
  9. WhittneyG

We were on Vacation, and came back to find our kitchen ceiling was leaking water all over our kitchen floor. We went upstairs and our carpet in our bedroom and closet which is next to the bathroom was soaking wet. THERE WAS NO WATER IN THE BATHROOM OR ON THE FLOOR. It was 11pm, but I still...
  10. WhittneyG

Thanks everyone for their feedback, even the slightly aggressive negative feedback.... lol. We are in the process of locating a local licensed Plumber to have come by, so we can get his take on the issue. My home owner stated, in an email, that the reason we are now having to pay for every...
  11. WhittneyG

She hired 3 separate plumbers, because when we would ask the plumber in front of her if we put anything in the toilet or if appeared that we hit it and caused it to overflow, the first said no, it did not appear the anything was in the toilet when he snaked it. She did not like that answer, so...
  12. WhittneyG

I am not weak by any means, or I would have paid for everything by now. I'm planning on attending court and giving my side of the story. I wrote this post to inquire from people with experience or knowledge in the plumbing field, regarding the damages that we are being accused of. We know we...
  13. WhittneyG

The day the 3rd plumber came and told her we had NOT put anything in the toilet, and did not know exactly what was wrong and suggested at this point it would be cheaper to just replace it, she agreed, had them come the next day, replace the toilet. Then as soon as the plumbers left, she emailed...
  14. WhittneyG

No, not after this incident. Our heater was messing up, 4 months after we moved in... Our Landlord swore we broke it, and sent us through the ringer for 3 weeks in Dec with no heat, trying all of the these different things, until she finally broke down and called a professional, who said the...
  15. WhittneyG

If we would contact the plumber, I believe he would speak honestly with my husband about the toilet, but our landlord strictly ordered we cannot contact him and he cannot communicate with us.
  16. WhittneyG

The landlord is stating that we broke the toilet from hitting it very hard. There was no scratches, marks, leaks... Nothing that would indicate this... The toilet overflowed when flushed. The first plumber stated that the problem may be been the lose metal tubing that connects the tub to the...
  17. WhittneyG

Not asking for legal advice. Just want to know from other skilled plumbers or professionals their take on what could've happen to the toilet to cause it to overflow. It's fine also if you think we are at fault. I just want to hear other opinions. P.s. We have never hit the toilet, nor have any...
  18. WhittneyG

we have been renting a home for 9 months. The home is about 20 years old, as is the toilet. Shortly after we moved in, we noticed, the toilet takes over 1 minute to flush and the water comes very high. We moved in August of 2015. Feb 2016... The upstairs toilet began to overflow, whenever we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks