Search results

1. codude

Studs/Framing for Geberit Carrier Install

Hey guys- Curious if anyone has installed the Geberit 2x4 carrier (111.798.00.1) for a wall mount toilet. DIY walkthroughs I've read online recommend reinforcing double framing with Simpson Strong Tie Angle Gussets, which works with the wider 2x6 carrier, but does not work with the 2x4 carrier...
  2. codude

Name That Fitting - 6-Way ABS

Thanks Highlander. I do need the two 3" inlets to be at 90 degrees due to the locations of the toilets. Otherwise, I would need to basically make one of the toilet waste lines a big U shape, which seems...unwise?
  3. codude

Name That Fitting - 6-Way ABS

Hi all. I have a unique 6-way fitting on my main soil stack that serves the second floor of my house. Unfortunately, I need to replace this fitting (or come up with an alternate setup to serve the same fixtures.) I cannot locate a fitting like this on the internet. Perhaps it's not even...
  4. codude

Proper Fitting for Tub Drain/Vent

Thanks Terry. So you are saying I should replace the existing 1.5" vent with 2" all the way to the roof (& roof vent)? I attached a (poorly drawn) diagram of the whole setup if it helps to understand what I'm trying to do.
  5. codude

Thanks asktom. On the left, the 2" line coming out of the wye runs horizontally in the joists to a wall and then up to join a preexisting 1.5" vent at 42" above the floor. That's what I was referring to as a bypass since the line continues past the waste source (tub P-trap) and becomes a vent...
  6. codude

Just trying to bump this to get some feedback. If any of these options will work equally well, that is useful feedback too. I know that in vertical venting situations, code prohibits wyes in certain designs and san tees in certain designs. However, I can't find any info on a horizontal "bypass"...
  7. codude

Adding a standalone tub too far from main stack to vent that way, so I want to tie in to a vent on the other wall of the bathroom. Which of these three options (or if there's another I don't have listed) is the best/code approriate fitting & size combination? 1st pic is a 90 sweep to a 2" tub...
  8. codude

Venting for Tub

Thanks for the feedback, Terry. Just clarify, you are saying that the entire 1.5 inch waste line back to the stack needs to be 2 inch to meet code? Also, you mention the fitting being wrong. I know that the older cross style fittings are no longer to code but I thought a double san tee was...
  9. codude

Venting for Tub

Vent question for my tub (2 in drain back to 4" main stack). Stack is over 5 feet away so venting that direction doesn't meet code. Question is, can I tie in to the existing vent for the vanity sinks (yellow line) or do I need to head up into the attic (pink line) and put in another roof vent?
  10. codude

Shower Tray for Curbless Shower & Linear Drain

Hi! I'm installing a 60 x 48 curbless shower in a the back right corner of a 10' x 12' bathroom. Plan to install 12 x 24 large format tiles on floor throughout the bathroom including shower. (I am aware of the drawbacks to large format tiles, ie slip hazard.) I plan to install a 48" linear...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks