Search results

1. Deats

Light Switch wired to receptacle. Can I use to add recessed lights?

Hi, I'm looking to add recessed lights to my bedrooms. I have access to the ceilings from the walk in attic. Each room already has a light switch that's wired to a single receptacle in the room for a lamp. I'm looking to use the existing light switch but run Romex up to the attic to power a few...
  2. Deats

Shower Vent and Tie in

My town inspector passed my slab inspection and leak tests. Ready to concrete over. I followed what cacher_chick said using a Wye angled up with a 45 bend to tie in shower drain to 3" main and to run the dry vent for the shower. Thank you! That vent goes up 8' then runs horizontal and ties into...
  3. Deats

Shower Vent and Tie in

Thank You! I'm making these changes.
  4. Deats

Shower Vent and Tie in

Thanks guys! I took another picture and marked up with a level. I'm thinking if I pitch the Wye angling up and just make sure I have at 45 degree pitch should work? Otherwise using 22 and 45 from the Wye and lose the straight piece might be alternative? Also does that street 90 into the 3" main...
  5. Deats

Shower Vent and Tie in

Hi, I had my town inspector out and he wants a dry vent on the shower and Wye connector from the main trunk. My question is can I use a Wye connector on the 2" shower pipe to the vent pipe or should I have used a sani t? My other question is I used a street 90 from the Wye connector off the...
  6. Deats

Basement Bath Venting

I read through another post about using 3" is pretty much standard so I'm going to go that route using 3". Doing that does that mean I need to dry vent the shower or would it be OK to use the sewage ejection pit vent for both the toilet and shower? The toilet is less than 8' and shower less than...
  7. Deats

Basement Bath Venting

Hello, I'm hoping someone could take a look at my pics for a basement bath and help answer my venting question... Based on the distance and pictures provided, can I wet vent the shower and toilet through the vented sewage ejector pit? Toilet to pit distance is 7 3/4' Shower to pit distance is...
  8. Deats

Basement Bath Vent

Thank you. I'll have to take the 2" to the attic then.
  9. Deats

Basement Bath Vent

Hi, Just want to say thank you for a great site. I often come here to do my research. I'm sure this question may have come up I did a search but could find anything. If this is the wrong location for this question or if it's been previously answered please let me know. This is my first post...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks