Search results

1. PlumbSolve

Issue with Geberit In-Wall Tank -- Inadequate Toilet Bowl refill following a Large Flush :(

I doubt its the geberit mechanism. Could it not be a venting issue or caused by a restriction in the pipe. Ive seen this happen on pipes that have been partially clogged.
  2. PlumbSolve

How do I calculate the main water line size from storage tank to house?

Can you not get more info about the pump you are using. If its pumping uphill it will surely lose pressure. Your pump will also have a curve graph.
  3. PlumbSolve

Plumbing Experts: Choosing bathroom faucets

A big part of my work is making spares for obsolete parts .I had a challenging job where Grohe brought out a shower mixer that was designed for a bath,not a shower. You could use it for a shower but then you would have to take the shower outlet from the bottom and plumb it up to the shower rose...
  4. PlumbSolve

Plumbing Experts: Choosing bathroom faucets

Hansgrohe and grohe were brothers who parted ways. In my country Cobra were a household name. The faucets in the States look overly complicated. Grohe and Cobra are now under the same umbrella company. I fit alot of all three products. Grohe is made in many places ,China being one .They are all...
  5. PlumbSolve

How do I calculate the main water line size from storage tank to house?

My gut feeling is 2 inch is overkill. As long as the pump is as close to the tank as possible and a 40mm or bigger pipe used to feed the pump to prevent cavitation you should be okay.Unless the house is a commercial use area like a b and b and has high demand fittings like i boxes and massive...
  6. PlumbSolve

Hot water at furthest point

Yes I think its just rule of thumb. Many variables involved such as ambient temp and thermostat setting.The expansion tank would save alot of water but would be a hard sell in S Africa as it would add a bigger cost factor to an installation.
  7. PlumbSolve

I think the amount is about 1,5 percent of the volume of water heated.
  8. PlumbSolve

We dont have expansion tanks. In fact no plumber in my country would know what you are talking about. All our relief has to be piped to an outside point where it is visible. Thats actually a good point.How much accumulative water goes down the drain country wide. And we are a country suffering...
  9. PlumbSolve

Our prv s are all either 600kpa ,most common or 400kpa . Our municipal pressure varies from g bar to 3 bar.With regards to the cold pressure, in a static set up would a recirculating pump not work in a closed system so the pressure would be nullified so to speak.
  10. PlumbSolve

Here in deepest darkest Africa we are not going to get a watts system. Our plumbing is very different to the States. I hardly recognize anything.Our geysers (hot water tanks are pressurized through a pressure reducing valve .Normally 600kpa.It has a built in relief valve so we dont use bladder...
  11. PlumbSolve

Has anyone used these systems and how effective are they.?I wonder if there is not another way of doing this without using the sensor valve and without installing a dedicated return pipe.?
  12. PlumbSolve

Do you know what product?
  13. PlumbSolve

Will this work? Shower addition plumbing

I agree its better to be pro active. I guess because we have to chase into brick we try to avoid it. Why can you not lie the tee juncion to run horizontal?and then with an elbow up in the drywall. Is it perhaps to do with the thinking that it is always a dry pipe and could eventually block as it...
  14. PlumbSolve

I often get complaints that it takes too long to get hot water at a basin and water is wasted. Without doing a point of use geyser,is there some other way to resolve this without running a circulating return pipe to the geyser. I thought I saw some clever american invention that resolves this. ?
  15. PlumbSolve

Looking for Correct Faucet Aerator Adapter Size

That 13/16 thread is an oddball size thread. You sure its not either m22 x1mm to m24 x1mm.There are imperial equivalents that are so close they work. If neoperl site doesnt show that thread I doubt it exists. The photo looks like a standerd adapter to fit a water filter to a sink aerator. If...
  16. PlumbSolve

You live in a truly beautiful place.If you had no vent on the shower do you think it would syphon. We dont bother and there seems to be no problem.
  17. PlumbSolve

Is that a view out of your office?:)Thats beautiful. Do you live in that area. ?
  18. PlumbSolve

They must be much quicker to build. The plumbing would definitely be easier.You must have some seriously skilled carpenters. Do you not run out of trees.With regards to venting. What are your opinions.?
  19. PlumbSolve

I am curious to know how unlikely is it for the shower trap to be broken in this scenario. I am not questioning good plumbing practice. In our town in this scenario if the main stack is vented and the two inch horizontal run from the shower or any fitting ,bath basin etc is less than six meters...