Search results

1. duker733

Ge Pro Elite Water Softener problems

Well, I received my hach 5 test kit today, and tested the water and it's showing 1 gpg or less, so I guess everything is working tip top! Thanks for all the help and suggestions here.
  2. duker733

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm still learning the math on programming my softener. I'm a little bit confused as to what you are saying. Are you saying I should program my valve with a smaller number in the amount of resin my tank contains? Or use a higher salt dosage for the 1.75 cuft...
  3. duker733

Ok, I will order the Hach 5 test kit and re-evaluate. What exactly should it test out at?
  4. duker733

I am using a GH drop test kit. It's one I use for testing water for aquariums. It is for testing hardness, so it should be the same as any other GH drop test. I have the salt dosage at 10lbs/cu ft and have the valve programmed for 1.75 cu ft of resin at the moment, and have run a couple of...
  5. duker733

I did 2 regenerations in a row, after I got it all fixed up.
  6. duker733

Well, I got the new 1.25" riser tube installed ran regeneration and now I have soft water. Thanks so much for all the suggestions here. I have tested my water now and it's still testing out at 3.5 - 4.5 gpg of hardness. Will it get softer over time or how can I get that number to 1 or less?
  7. duker733

So just to be clear when i program my softener, lets say it's set at 2 cuft, and it is just my wife and I using water, regular usage nothing unusual. What should I set the salt dosage at? 10lbs cu ft?
  8. duker733

Ok now i have it figured out thanks
  9. duker733

I'm not going to worry about gravel. Just going to put the new riser tube in when I get it and fire this thing up, and hopefully it shall work as intended and give me some soft water. I'll post up my results when I get it all back up and running in a few days. For now, it's bypassed hard...
  10. duker733

can't seem to find the quote feature here so in reply to you Bannerman. I am getting a new riser tube the right size, so the old one is already out. The guy I talked to said to just hook up a tight water hose connection to the riser tube and shoot water down the tube as I am inserting it into...
  11. duker733

Well I discovered my problem today. Turns out the size of the hole in the bottom of my 268 Performa Autotrol valve is 1.25 inches wide. The riser tube they used inside the resin tank is the standard 1 inch. So the riser pipe was not sealing to the valve via the o-ring because the hole is...
  12. duker733

I also noticed when I had the valve off, that the riser tube sticks out quite a bit past the top of the tank? like an inch or more. From what I've read this tube needs to be almost level with the top of the tank. Is there any problem with it being too high? Valve threads onto the tank...
  13. duker733

On another note, it seems like the water may not be flowing through the resin and out the riser tube. When I first ran water into the unit through it's first backwash I watched the water coming out of the hose. There was absolutely no color to it at all. With new resin, shouldn't you get a bit...
  14. duker733

thanks for the reply. I guess I forgot to mention the previous softener had an Autotrol 460 valve, so connections are the same. I've double checked this.
  15. duker733

Hello, first post here. Great to find this forum to discuss this stuff. Trying to keep this as short as possible, while supplying as much info as possible. I am on well water and when I moved in here a year ago there was a water softener installed some years ago. It seemed to be working ok...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks