Search results

1. Bbqscotty

Delta tub/shower valve leak

mine ended up being a ball not a cartridge, delta web site should tell you to take handle off first to identify instead of by pictures...lol replaced seals, springs and ball and all good now
  2. Bbqscotty

Delta tub/shower valve leak

My house was built in 1995 and has had the same delta shower parts since then with no service. My tub/shower is a single plastic ball turns left anf right for temp up and down for on/off. The tub faucet has a pull down diverter where the water comes out to send to the shower. lately when your...
  3. Bbqscotty

Time to replace or what ?? LP power vent water heater

guess i am waiting for a leak then......
  4. Bbqscotty

Well pressure switch sizing

still trying to understand the csv option over my set-up. the tank in that holds 1 gallon of water so basically after 1 gallon has been used pump comes on and stays on. my toilets are 1.6 gallon so everytime you flush pump would come on where my setup maybe every third flush would cause pump to...
  5. Bbqscotty

here here pumpmd i went to 2 plumbing supply houses trying to get real info and they were just like salesmen also, no different then installers. use to be supply houses gave honest info glad to have found this forum. i am going to keep an eye on this for maybe a week and if it holds true with...
  6. Bbqscotty

i responded before i saw your second reply, i only had kitchen faucet on when i was testing how long it took before pump kicked back on again.
  7. Bbqscotty

i will replace gauge, not sure what it really does as the pressure switch seems to know when to turn on and off and the gauge is more for me to just watch it i guess. kinda trying to figure out if i need the new tank i bought or not. how long you think if my bladder is bad will it lose the air ...
  8. Bbqscotty

i opened drain valve and maybe 8oz of brown water came out, then clear after about 1 gallon i closed. what are signs you need to replace ? i have temp set at the red mark at beginning of hot on tank and temp out of faucet is like 140 degrees.
  9. Bbqscotty

i just got done draining tank and charged old tank to 18psi. turned pump for well back on to charge wet system again. now pump runs for 19 seconds and stays off for 4 minutes when water is on continually. gauge now say 10psi so that is definitely bad. is there any sense in checking air in tank...
  10. Bbqscotty

by the way i am not having pump problems, tank runs for 13 seconds then stays off for 38 seconds when water is on. gauge is stuck at 40. culligan came to service chlorinator and said tank was bad and wanted to sell me new expansion tank for ike $900 installed. not interested in that option so...
  11. Bbqscotty

ok, just drained tank and there is no pressure at all in the tank. pressure gauge still shows 30 though. i figure charge tank to 18 and maybe replace gauge ?
  12. Bbqscotty

No I installed second one and left alone didn't realize I needed to check. Currently the tank Guage stays on 40 whether run g or not it doesn't go down to 20 and up tp 40. Pump runs for like 15 seconds and of fir maybe 38 seconds. I did a bang test to check sound on top and bottom and t hey both...
  13. Bbqscotty

The pipe going down my well to the pump is black plastic, my house is only 21 years old. The first expansion tank was an amtrol and lasted make 15 years, then I replaced that tank with a pro source which only lasted 5, and now I decided to go back to an amtrol. So same pump in well from when...
  14. Bbqscotty

I looked at those and I would have to change out all my piping also to allow larger sizes ( i am 1 inch pvc now ). So with the additional cost if tank and piping I him I will stay with the 20 gallon one and maybe adjust my 20/40 to 30/50. My switch is a square d and I think I can just adjust it...
  15. Bbqscotty

All I have on well is that it is 51 feet deep and 10-15 gpm, no mention in any of my paperwork on size of pump. Should I get a bigger tank also?
  16. Bbqscotty

Reach I am not replacing pump only expansion tank. My well pump is 20 years old and don't plan on replacing, I assume my well driller originally decided on the 20 gallon tank and 20/40 switch and I have just kept that way. For 20 years I have Been 20/40, what am I gaining by switching to 30/50...
  17. Bbqscotty

I have a John Wood power vent 40 gallon LP hot water tank that is going on about 22 years now. I have no leaks have never drained it and only signs are some rust on the top of tank. I am afraid to drain now since i have gone so long anyways, i have very good weel water with no calcium or lime...
  18. Bbqscotty

I am about to replace my bladder tank again. I bought a 20 gallon well xtrol which i think comes pre-charged to 38 psi. My switch has always been a 20/40 so i would lower the air to 18 on this tank when i go to install it. My question is why am i a 20/40 and not maybe a 30/50 or 40/60 ? what...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks