Search results

1. CharlieM

Closet flange issue and rambit

Hello, I will be tiling a bathroom floor - raising the height approx 1" above the subfloor and need to deal with the toilet flange height. Current toilet flange arrangement is fastened to the subfloor. The 3" ABS flange is an inside glue into the "bell" of an ABS street elbow. I can't tell...
  2. CharlieM

Problem with new tub installation

I had a contractor install a new Sterling Advantage bathtub with 3 piece surround. The subfloor had about 3/8" slope from rear to drain end, and about 1/4" slope or slightly less from back to front. He said he never uses mortar underneath these tubs, but I insisted that was the most reliable...
  3. CharlieM

Mud bed supporting Sterling tub question

I have a Sterling Advantage vikrell bathtub and surround to be installed. The subfloor isn't level and slopes down about 1/4" toward the drain (backend-frontend). From the front (drain end), it also slopes about 1/4" back to front with the front being lower. Anyway, the Sterling installation...
  4. CharlieM

subfloor question

I have a gutted 5x8 bathroom to put back together. The bottom layer of floor is 1/2" ply which I can't replace because there is no way to re-block edges, etc from the basement underneath (too much stuff in the way). Anyway, I'm going to go over all of the 1/2 with 5/8 on which the new...
  5. CharlieM

Delta shower valve opinions

I'm considering replacing my shower/tub valve with a Delta 1748 model. Any opinions good or bad about this model ? Thanks. Charlie
  6. CharlieM

Woodford 25 faucet problem/question

Hello, I have a Woodford wall faucet on the house that has a bose bib separate from the valve. (Similar to included link - assuming the link works). It is about 25 years old. This year it has begun to "vibrate/hum" a lot when the water is turned on until the valve reaches full open...
  7. CharlieM

drain pipe failure - pics

Hi all, I'm looking for some answers. About a year ago, a friend called me to say her kitchen floor had flooded in front of the sink and dishwasher, and also had water on the ceiling of the basement bathroom below the kitchen. I went over and looked - took toe-kicks off and dishwasher bottom...
  8. CharlieM

How to seal Delta shower valve ?

I just installed a Delta single-handle shower valve in an acrylic shower enclosure and I'm wondering how to seal up around the cover plate. No matter how I adjust the plate, there is a small gap in the seal on the plate around the valve handle area. There is a foam ring on the cover plate...
  9. CharlieM

Delta shower valve install question

Hi all, I'm new here and looking for info on installing a Delta model 1424 LHP shower valve into a Sterling acrylic shower enclosure. The instructions that came with this valve are pretty slim. This would be a "thin-wall" installation as they call it, but they omit the details. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks