Search results

1. crabjoe

What size water softener? 7 grains of hardness

Years ago, when I had my water checked and it came in, I think, at 11 grains of hardness.. In fact I've had to replace my water heater in under 5 years because the copper was done... Had to fix a few other copper pipes over the years too. Thank God most of the house was done with CPVC. I...
  2. crabjoe

Soften by half?

I've been living with hard water, which i like, but i don't like the hard water stains.. Let's say I need a size x softener to fully soften my water... if I only want to reduce by 1/2, should I get a softener thats half the capacity or can most water softener be setup to run at 1/2 its...
  3. crabjoe

Need softener drain idea...

I really need a water softener and I've been hesitating for years now because I wasn't sure how to setup a proper drain. I'm on well water, don't want to drain to the septic or sump pump, and the location of the softener will be under ground in a basement with 10ft walls. Not sure if this is...
  4. crabjoe

Adding transfer switch to hot water heater?

Here's what I'm wondering.. in my area, you can't have a hot water heater with a plug. It has to be hardwired. The only exception to this is if the water heater came corded with a plug form the factory. And I've never seen a full sized hot water heater that came with a plug. Ok... to the...
  5. crabjoe

120v Generator to power a home

I hope someone can answer some questions for, in regards to using a generator that's normally used to power RVs. RVs are setup for 120v, usually 30 amps. They usually use TT-30. Let's say the house has a L14-30 for the connection. Because of this, an adapter (TT-30p to L14-30r) will be...
  6. crabjoe

Need some help - I think my pump is dead.

I have never seen a well pump failure before, but when I check the voltage at the pressure switch, I'm seeing 240 going out... So now I'm guessing it's the pump. My question is, is this something I can replace myself? I think the well is around 200 ft deep. What pump would I need? It's 2...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks