Search results

1. Alcan

Longest interval between regenerations ?

After a regeneration, I have 1300 gal. available. I am using iron out salt and have been going 2 weeks between regenerations, at which point I still have 600 gal. available. I am thinking of going 3 weeks instead of 2, but I'm wondering if it will adversely affect the life of the resin. iron is...
  2. Alcan

Had a close call with my well pump today !

You know how that when a pump stops, there is usually quite an arc across the contacts of the pressure switch. After an extended time of arcing, switch contacts have been known to weld shut, thus not allowing the pump to stop when the cutoff pressure is reached. Well, a couple of months ago I...
  3. Alcan

When should I regenerate ?

I have a new Fleck 5600 sxt water softener, size 24,000 grains. After programming for my water hardness on a metered basis, It shows after the initial regeneration, a capacity of 2350 gallons before the next regeneration. Also, the day override is set to 14 days. Well, I only use about 1500...
  4. Alcan

Garage sub panel wiring

I want to run power to my garage from my house. I will need (1) 120V, 20 amp circuit for outlets and (1) 120V, 15 amp circuit for lights. The total wire run from house main panel to garage sub panel is 90 feet. What is the minimum 240V main panel breaker size that I should use (outlet circuit...
  5. Alcan

Pro-OX Iron Filters

Is anyone familiar with the Pro-OX iron filters. They use Manganese Dioxide filter media. I have well water that has been tested for iron only and the test showed 0.03 ppm iron. I realize that this is not much, but still the toilet and sinks show a light staining. No idea what other minerals...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks