Search results

1. Pat Carney

Cast iron flange replacement? Not level, not bolted down

Update - I was able to remove the existing flange - it took me a week to drill out the lead. I ordered the Oatley compression flange. There is a great Bob Vila video on how to install the flange. This was very helpful as the Oatley flange did not come with instructions. I did have to rent a...
  2. Pat Carney

Thank you so much for your reply! The bowl will not fit without rocking, so it needs to go. I do not want to use shims. What would be the best way to remove and lower the flange? Would a compression flange be a good replacement?
  3. Pat Carney

My toilet was rocking and leaking, so I pulled it and discovered that the flange is not level, not bolted down and has this metal ring between the flange and the metal pipe (photo)? Will it be possible to remove this and replace it with a compression flange? Since I am not too experienced, would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks