Search results

1. rpfutrell

Best Value/Most Reliable boiler?

Ok, so Contractor A reached out to me and said he chose the ALP105 because the Indirect HW calls for a boiler with a minimum output of 99 MBTU/hr. So If I use an EFT-55, GWM-050, ALP080 or other similar suggested product are all Indirect HW tanks going to have some minimum output listed? If...
  2. rpfutrell

Trying to "get it right!

Ok, so So what might be the pros/cons of the Tankless vs. Indirect models? What is preferable a stainless steel tank or stone?? I'm leaning towards stainless steel.
  3. rpfutrell

Hot coming out of cold... Boilermate/Coil issue?

I just googled cold start to find out more about this methodology and found this thread (insert chuckle).... My eyes are so glazed over from my research, ...lol. Though this thread is from back in 2011, I definitely feel ya pain!!
  4. rpfutrell

Best 18+ Seer Value

Contractor B suggested he could use two flush kits to clean it out enough, it sounded a bit odd. However he doubled backed said its possible, but he could also put a new line set in too if that is what I wanted. Interesting! So using this approach would I use the heat pump as a complimetary...
  5. rpfutrell

Trying to "get it right!

We bought a house a little over a year ago , and I am looking to replace the Central Air, Boiler and Hot Water tank. I have a detailed post here for the boiler that shares some additonal design info. Using that threads additional information and the potential systems below... I'm trying to...
  6. rpfutrell

Best 18+ Seer Value

Thanks so much guys, I can't tell you how appreciative I am for your feedback! Ok, some of additional info from my wants and needs to AC are: Yes I'm the same guy replacing my boiler+HW system too, and the design info that can be used can be seen on this thread. Every thing I'm doing is...
  7. rpfutrell

Thanks so much Dana! I'm reaching out to the contractors now to requote the "right sized" systems.
  8. rpfutrell

Awesome feedback! Where do I submit my donation, or does dinner and drinks work too?? :) We have family up in Worcester area... Ok, so a little more info to fine tune things Zip code is 02359, Pembroke MA We sit between Weymouth and Plymouth. So I'm thinking we will have an 0F of 10-11...
  9. rpfutrell

Best 18+ Seer Value

So I'm trying to decide on a full replacement of our Central AC and have obtained the quotes below...any guidance from the experts or people in the trade would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to overspend if it's not worth it. We should be here for at least 20 years is the plan might...
  10. rpfutrell

Dana --- Thank you for your insight and I apologize for not providing enough information on the first go around, to help me make an informed decision. Hopefully this post will redeem me somewhat and provide the information needed. I'm surprised your suggestion, HTP, didn't make it on any...
  11. rpfutrell

We are looking at replacing our boiler and hot water heater this year with a high efficiency combo unit. After some initial research and quotes it is hard to determine what boiler/ indirect hot water tanks are the better units to go with? After getting a few quotes, its really hard to figure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks