Search results

1. carthesen

Help finding knowledgeable contractor in MA?

Future oil and gas pricing aside, additional weighing factors were switching to a gas stove and making space in the basement for my husband's woodshop (op is a she :)) - getting the oil tank out and reducing boiler size matters. Based on Dana's analysis (thank you!) I spent a good amount of time...
  2. carthesen

Ok so, I think I've got this figured out - 171.5 gallons * 138,690 btu/gal * 0.78 eff / (1810.8 HDD * 24 hr/day) = 426.9 btu/HDD hr with base temp set to 60 (we set to 60 at night and while at work) 99% heat load (0F outside, 70 inside): 70*426.9 = ~30K BTUH typical heat load (30F outside, 65...
  3. carthesen

Hi Dana, thank you for the reply! Between 1/5 to 2/17 we used 171.5 gallons, 2/17-3/30 was 131.8. Zip code is 02474. The only heat source we have is the nearly 60 yr old oil boiler, and it is via ~100 ft of hot water baseboard all on 1 zone. A few other points of note - the basement (530 sqft)...
  4. carthesen

Hi there. Apologies if this goes against the rules of the forum, but can anyone recommend a contractor in the greater Boston area who will appropriately size a boiler for me? So far everyone has recommended 100k+ BTU boilers for our 1600 sqft house. We are converting from oil, the house was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks