Search results

1. dss_cottage

WaterGroup STF20-860 Program dial not moving

I'm going to consider my problem solved! I checked the program wheel this morning and it has moved so all seems well. I'll give a great big THANK-YOU to everyone who provided guidance. I'm always amazed at the number of people who so willing offer their time and expertise to complete...
  2. dss_cottage

I "think" that my problem my be fixed but I'm still worried. After I took apart the meter housing and didn't find any blockage, the program wheel started to move and the softener did regenerate last night. So far so good. After inspecting the meter housing on February 24, I examined and...
  3. dss_cottage

I've just returned from attempting a fix. The impeller appears to be moving freely and I didn't find anything in the meter body that might have been preventing the impeller from moving. The flow straightener was also free and clear. Therefore, I don't believe that I have fixed anything...
  4. dss_cottage

Thank-you again for the help. I've been diverted today (Monday) so I won't get to it until Tuesday. I'll do exactly as you and Bannerman suggest. It will be a little awkward but I believe that I can access the 4 screws. I'll post back with my results.
  5. dss_cottage

Two more questions before I tackle the meter assembly on Monday. First, I suspect that this may be related to my current problem. On about 5 or 6 occasions our water supply has slowed to a trickle. In order to fix the problem, I've done the following: 1. shut off the water supply at the source...
  6. dss_cottage

There is quite some resistance to pulling the cable out of the meter dome. It will pull out about 1" but then stops. Is it OK to force it or is there something else that needs to be disconnected? (The 7/8" nut on meter dome is disconnected) It's late Saturday afternoon as I write so I'm going...
  7. dss_cottage

I've learned over the years not to force anything because it usually screws up something. Therefore, I'll ask the question before I get into "screw-up territory". I have posted a picture of what I believe is the cable between the program wheel and the turbine. I disconnected the 7/8" nut on the...
  8. dss_cottage

I'm going down to have a look now. I'm wondering if there is an exploded parts diagram for this control. I have the softener manual but it doesn't include such a diagram. It would help me visualize what I need to do to look at the turbine. I've Googled the term and found a manual apparently for...
  9. dss_cottage

Yes. The controller looks like your picture. I'll post a picture. In answer to Noyzee1... I'm fairly technically competent and I have time.
  10. dss_cottage

I have a WaterGroup STF20-860 combination water softener and tannins filter. It is about 4 years old and has been working well. However, it now does not automatically regenerate. However, it will manually regenerate. It appears that the program wheel is not rotating as water is used. Therefore...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks