Search results

1. pjfontes

New water softener install - YELLOW water!

Dittohead, I wanted to run regen a few times, but I worry about the impact on my septic system.... I drained all of my equipment 2 hours prior. Am I being paranoid? Is it ok to dump huge amounts of solids-free water into my ("modern") septic system?
  2. pjfontes

I'm 99% it's the resin now. I couldn't believe how yellow it was! I guess these companies are skipping the step where they clean their product before they bag it? I replaced "regular" cation resin at my old house and never noticed colour or smell issues. I've become hyper-sensitive to the...
  3. pjfontes

I'll keep this short and simple... Is it normal to have 10-20 seconds of yellow water after installing a brand new water softener? It was the colour of morning pee. :p A few points - Well water - Ran hard water for almost 2 weeks. softener was preforming poorly for at least 6 months. (moved...
  4. pjfontes

Culligan Iron Cleer compressor only runs for a second

lucky you. That sounds reasonable. Maybe calling the local dealer is the secret? Culligan Canada wont even reply to my emails asking about parts. :S
  5. pjfontes

Culligan Iron Cleer compressor only runs for a second

I just had a quick look at my service manual (2007). If your aeration system is similar to mine, then it's most likely the relay. Hardwiring the compressor as a test pretty much proved that. It might be tough to get a direct replacement relay from Culligan, so try digikey. Look for the...
  6. pjfontes

REBEDDING BIRM FILTER (AERATION W/BACKWASH BIRM)

I think I finally found the right forum for these types of questions. I'm a DIYer that recently moved away from the city and am trying to gather information for all the devices that get water from my well to my faucets. The house came with Culligan Iron Cleer system. It is a two-tank (10x54)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks