Search results

1. johnjfl

New Sterling Accord tub/surround install

All finished with the Accord tub/shower install.
  2. johnjfl

Mortar Cement for Fiberglass (Sterling Accord) Tub

How did you get the wall panel to pivot in with the valve control in place? I have same Sterling Accord Tub/wall combo and no way mine will pivot with valve sticking through out past the surround wall by an inch.
  3. johnjfl

Well the Accord tub and surround came Saturday and the back panel on the wall surround was cracked, 10 more days to get a replacement, Lowes said they have to reorder the entire kit, hope the next one is ok.
  4. johnjfl

Ok, I'll know more when I actually get the tub test fit and will use as little mortar as possible. Do you ever have any problems pivoting the side panel in place on the valve side with the valve in place? The Delta valve I am using will be protruding the panel and will need a 3 1/2 inch hole to...
  5. johnjfl

Thanks Terry, I love this forum I have learned so much. I am concerned with getting the tub level, I know it has those metal clips to level top to the studs but I don't think the tub itself is supposed to be supported by these and I cant get access to be able to use shims. I don't have the tub...
  6. johnjfl

Getting ready for new remodel had a question about mortar base. Do I put the mortar in piles directly on the wooden floor and then set tub directly on the mortar? or do I put plastic or tar paper on the wood put mortar on the tar paper then cover the mortar with something like plastic then set...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks