Search results

1. Aristotle Zoulas

Steam Boiler Water Removal (Advice)

Hello, I understand that on a steam boiler with radiator system , one needs to remove some water on a monthly basis to help remove some debris from the entire system. My question is what is the best way to do this. My local plumber (licensed) recommended the following: With the boiler running...
  2. Aristotle Zoulas

New Install AO Smith XCV-50 Pilot Light Issue

New AO Smith XCV-50 was installed just one month ago. Vent pipe is connected to Y type connector along with boiler vent going into chimney. The problem is that the pilot light goes out approximately once per week. The contractor (very reputable) changed the pilot assembly and then the gas...
  3. Aristotle Zoulas

Steam Boiler auto fill valve and low water cutoff

Hello, I am new to the forum. Regarding a modern Weil Mclean steam boiler with auto fill valve and low water cutoff, I am not real sure how this is supposed to work exactly. For example, with the water level normal (just under half) I start to empty water into a bucket (to clear it out) at what...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks