Search results

1. Meng

Basement bathroom addition & laundry reconfigure layout

Polymath, how did your project end up? Any pics/drawings of the finished design, or thoughts on how it's working after 2 years, things you might do differently, etc? Starting to plan a basement plumbing project, and gathering info on design/layout.
  2. Meng

hot water boiler with zero pressure air in pipes - how to purge/bleed air

jadnashua/Dana, thanks for all your help. You both helped me better understand how my system works, and what maintenance may be required. After reading through your responses I found that my system has a Spirovent air removal device that is located on top of the expansion tank. A few days ago...
  3. Meng

This is a picture of the boiler with the supply and return pipe locations shown Thanks for your response. My baseboard heaters don't have a pressure relief valve available. I checked them all. They are all solid 2/4" copper pipes without relief valves anywhere. The piping is essentially...
  4. Meng

This is a picture of the return pipes with shutoff, circulating pump, and return drain valve (located under the circ pump, but not shown in the picture).
  5. Meng

I have a hot water boiler that has zero pressure, the cold water fill valve turned off, and air in the pipes (hearing periodic gurgling in the pipes and water circulates through the baseboard radiant units). There are two drains built into the piping connected to the boiler. One drain is...
  6. Meng

Connecting a new radiant heat zone for a garage slab to an existing baseboard boiler heating system

Dana, thanks for that information! You're correct that my Burnham boiler has 80,000 BTU/hr of rated output.That's great to hear my current project (624 sq ft garage) as well as future radiant heating needs may likely be able to be served by my existing boiler. Here are a couple of future...
  7. Meng

Connecting a new radiant heat zone for a garage slab to an existing baseboard boiler heating system

I have a Burnham 204HNSL-BEI2 boiler controlled by a single thermostat which currently serves about 1400 square feet of living space via copper pipes and varying sizes of baseboard fixtures in the various rooms. I'm building a 24x26 garage addition with radiant heat in the slab. A contractor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks