Search results

1. Roy Vickers

Pumping water up from 32 feet

With most grateful thanks to you all, I have now planted a rose tree in my bath-time bucket. I have purchased and installed (with a little help) a submersible pump with automatic cut-off and I couldn't be happier. All I need now is water, although the 6 feet I still have have left I can now use...
  2. Roy Vickers

Thank you all for your advice and please indulge me if I reply collectively. The well is, indeed, a bore because the water table solely delivered the water when we bought the house. However, the previous local inhabitants only had two taps and an Asian toilet, so the capacity was more than...
  3. Roy Vickers

I have a digital meter that tells me the depth of the water at the press of a button, so I always know if it's getting low. Do I understand that a submersible pump will deliver more pressure than what I have now?
  4. Roy Vickers

Thank you for replying. The well bottom is 32' down so the level of the water at the moment is about 26'. In the wet season, because I have 4 x 50 litre rainwater tanks feeding the well, there is no problem. I've even installed a 3" overflow pipe just in case. During this time the well is never...
  5. Roy Vickers

G'day, I am an Australian living in Indonesia where we are just coming to the end of our dry season (August we had no rain at all.) Our only water source is a well (32 feet deep x 3 feet diameter) under our kitchen floor. The highest outlet would be the shower head, so the maximum lift would be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks