Search results

1. Raditz84

Measure black iron pipe

Yes I did do 10 5/8 and 10 3/4 as well and It was very close. within an 1/8" when I did 10 3/4. However doesnt the depth of the threads have anything to do with where the 90's will end up?
  2. Raditz84

Measure black iron pipe

Ok thanks. So since its a 1/2 90 on either end I would deduct 1/2" + 1/2". Wanting the centre to centre to be 12 the cut of the pipe would be 11". Ill give it a shot tomorrow and let you guys now how I do. Thanks so much
  3. Raditz84

Measure black iron pipe

Ya but the number of threads comes into play as well though...
  4. Raditz84

Measure black iron pipe

Would this rule give me a 3-4 hand turn and 3-4 wrench turn ?
  5. Raditz84

Measure black iron pipe

So for say a 2" pipe it would be 2" a side? How come with the math of my fittings book it came out to 10 5/8 with there measurement of thread engagement? obviously it doesn't work because I did it this way but seems weird that there measurements aren't working out. Also is there a trick to...
  6. Raditz84

Measure black iron pipe

No, sorry. I am actually building something and need to use black iron. Its a first year plumbing/pipe fitting So to clarify. I need to have a 1/2" black iron pipe that is 12" center to center. I need to thread the pipe myself and have two 90's of both ends. I am having trouble getting the...
  7. Raditz84

Measure black iron pipe

Hey everyone. I am doing a project in plumbing school and was having troubles. I need to thread and build a design using 1/2 " threaded black iron pipe. For example I have a piece of 1/2" threaded pipe. I need to thread on a 1/2" 90 on both ends and at a length of 12" to both centres...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks