Search results

1. HarleySilo

1/2 copper bursting from pressure?!?

So I have a half inch copper hot line run from my unfinished basement through garage along peremiter wall, then to outside shower. There is a shut off valve in basement that was almost shut but not completely. The outside shower has a valve with a drain thingy on it which is open and the lined...
  2. HarleySilo

Pantry to half bath Transformation

I’m turning my pantry into a half bath, and turning a laundry closet into a laundry closet/pantry. In the half bath I’m ready to do the plumbing. My house is a ranch with a full basement and an attic room with bath. Basement is unfinished with 90% of the plumbing exposed. What I was...
  3. HarleySilo

You guys give the best plumbing advice, what do you know about this?

My dog is messed up. She can't walk very far and can't do stairs at all. So I need to build a ramp. After a bunch of research and is discussion I've scraped my original idea to build a handicapped ramp (to much work). The deck will eventually be rebuilt, and a new ramp would have to be built...
  4. HarleySilo

Inserting a fitting into the middle of a drainpipe?

So how the heck do you insert a t or wye into the middle of a piece of pvc if you can't move the pipe to the left or right or up or down.....? Is that when you have to use a fernco or whatever you guys are arguing about? I may need to put a wye smack dap in the middle of this drain pipe, but...
  5. HarleySilo

Gravity Hot Water Recirculating Loop Questions

So I have to wait too long for hot water. I've been looking at recirculating pumps, various brands, various methods. Read and article about gravity hot water recir. loops. I understand the theory, but am wondering if two loops can work. Info I read is here...
  6. HarleySilo

two shower heads, one shower?

In the distant future (+- 2 years), we want to remodel our master bath. We want to remove the tub alltogether and build a large walk in shower, steam, bench and 2 shower heads. What issues arrise with 2 shower heads? Lower flow, lower pressure, reduced shower time? What solutions exist to...
  7. HarleySilo

Considering Hot water recir system, advice?

So it takes at least 30 seconds to get hot water at our kitchen faucet. Not bad normally, but when you are trying to heat a bottle up at 3:00 am and the baby is screaming it seems like an eternity. So I've gotten the literature from HD and Lowes' on the systems they offer. around $200ish...
  8. HarleySilo

Rusty pitted gas line in house....

Water dripped on it for years, should I be concerned?
  9. HarleySilo

I can't solder/neither could the orig. plumber could he?

This is what the joints look like throughout my house.... Now I'm no better, how bad is this work? Some like the green one in first pic drip.
  10. HarleySilo

Installed Hot Water Heater blow-off valve still leaking

Hi folks, I am a DIY'er, I've installed at least 50 blow-off valves in the past when I was a maintenance man for apts. I've never had this happen. My Hot water heater, located in basement, has been dripping through the blow-off valve for some time now (months). The valve is piped to outside...
  11. HarleySilo

Floor Joists 1/2" drop/sag at main beam

I've demoed the kitchen and entry way in prep for new tile floor, during the process I've discoved the floor is uneven, particularly in this area... Well, my father and I jacked the kitchen floor joists where they meet the main beam (centerline of the house), and re-hung them 1/2" higher. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks