Search results

1. constantc

Toto Aquia Update-Review

Thought I would write a progress report, since this forum was very helpful. I bought and installed the Aquia myself (see my earlier thread https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6805) Install- super easy, good design. If anything it is easier than a standard toilet. I had never...
  2. constantc

Up close toilet test

what does flushing sponge balls tell you about a toilet? :confused: There is nothing you would flush that would be close to a sponge ball. While entertaining, I don't see any real benefit of this kind of test.
  3. constantc

Toilet Replacement

I just installed a dual flush and my neighbor told me the local car wash (a big place) installed 4 dual flush toilets several years ago. I don't know what the "commercial use" durability of the dual flush is but it seems just as solid if not more so than a regular toilet. .9gal/1.6gal...
  4. constantc

Tulip Dual Flush - Need help

OK, last post! (hope this is helping someone :confused: ) anyway, I picked up the TOTO soft close toilet seat today. I got the #114 oval seat. It was $49 locally, quite a bit more than a generic seat at $15. No one locally had the SS204 (same except with a smoother look and hidden...
  5. constantc

Well, just thought I would update and keep it all in one thread. Might help someone in the future. I replaced a old 3.5 gal toilet (made in 1955!) and the Toto Aquia is a huge improvement. I like the fact it is super efficent. It's quiet and fills quickly. The seat height is taller but I...
  6. constantc

It's in!! I just got it installed. I would have been done last night but the tile bit broke and stores were closed. So, isn't it always the way when you DIY? hehe So the install was super easy and much better design than a "normal" toilet! The materials, bolts, fittings, instructions are...
  7. constantc

I got the Aquia today. It was on sale for $***, so it's a great price. With the city rebate, it ends up free. It's a cool unit. I hope it lives up to the hype. I'm going to install tonite. Thanks for all the good advice! I'll update when I get it working
  8. constantc

Ok thanks Terry. I got confused b/c the Unifit is right above the Aquia and the toilet in the Unifit diagram looks like the Aquia. anyway, I have approx 13" from the wall to the center of the floor bolts (which, I assume, is the center of the flange) I plan on heading over tomorrow and...
  9. constantc

OK, I measured my home again and I believe a 12" will work! Still, I looked at the link and the Unifit adapter is avail for 10,12,14" rough ins so tomorrow I buy the Toto Aquia! (found a dealer that has it in stock)
  10. constantc

which one do you have the Caroma or Toto? I need a 10" rough in so I think the toto is out ?
  11. constantc

Caroma is problematic?

I called a retailer and they were discontinuing the Caromas b/c of way too many problems. He mentioned Toto was really good. What problems do Caroma owners have? Also, I need a 10" rough-in and I know Caroma can do 10 or 12. any other dual flush can accomidate 10"? Thanks guys
  12. constantc

Looked at the Tulip by Phoenix. It is a piece of junk. 2" drain instead of 4" and it looked junky compared to the Caroma. Noticed the Caroma has a seat that is angled so you kind of sink into it. I guess they are trying to align your butt to center huh? Now I have to find a retailer that...
  13. constantc

Hello, I am going to get a fancy dual flush and move into the 20th century thanks to a great rebate from my city. I went to Home Depot and the only dual flush they have is called a "Tulip" I think the company is called "Phoenix" but I'm not sure. Anyone info on this dual flush?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks