Search results

1. Caltrician

Centrifugal sand filter/CSV questions

As far as the static water level at 20', I think it was actually determined to be lower than that by the drillers. The 20' was a comment from a worker who was installing the pump. The well drillers gave us the information about the 6-1/2 GPM, I'm sure it was certified some way. Calfire requires...
  2. Caltrician

Thanks Valveman. I'd just like to confirm one more thing regarding a sand filter. The submersible will be pumping directly into the holding tank, and the larger sand will settle there. I think it might still be a good idea to put a filter between the holding tank and the booster (jet) pump...
  3. Caltrician

Goulds 2AB22HM1F2EO It's an Aquaboost II I think--Kit
  4. Caltrician

The static water level was said to be 20 ft when the submersible was installed. I don't know what it actually is. I don't think there is any problem with the "amount" of water available and I don't think it has ever pumped down all the way. Regardless, I think I'll put the well pump back to...
  5. Caltrician

Wow! Lots of info to absorb here. Thank you all so much. You guys and an event last night have caused me to re-think this whole thing. First, had I known anything about pumps/wells/etc ten years ago I would have protected the well pump as Craig suggested. I think for right now I'm going to...
  6. Caltrician

I thought about that and totally agree with you, but I was weighing the cost of pulling that submersible which is 600'+ down in the well. I don't think I could do it myself, and I've already got 10 good years out of the pump. If I can solve all of my above-ground problems now and get a few more...
  7. Caltrician

We have a sand problem messing up our toilet valves and raising havoc with my irrigation. The sand is not new, we've been pumping it up from our well for 10 years now, it's that we used to pump into a 5000 gal holding tank (2500 gal required by fire dept.), then used a VFD booster pump to supply...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks