Search results

1. Uellee

Periodic Filtration Bypass to "Cleanse" household plumbing?

Is there a reasonable benefit to bypassing my GAC filter and softener for a period of time on some regular interval in order to use the chlorine in the city water to "clean" my household plumbing? I live in southern Louisiana with a large amount of my plumbing exposed to the outside...
  2. Uellee

Release of filter bed media into household plumbing possibilty

I have read a few different places where people have had failures (or possibly incorrect installations, not sure which) that have allowed their softening media to escape into their household plumbing. Is there any reasonable chance of this happening with correct installation that would...
  3. Uellee

What type of GAC do I use and how much?

Is there a significant difference between synthetic/catalytic carbon and high activity activated carbon? I have seen a few different types of carbon for whole home water filtration and I am curious how to know which one to use for what. I understand that GAC usually only allows about 3GPM...
  4. Uellee

Planning a DIY whole home filtration system

My wife and I live in Louisiana have recently been discussing getting a whole home filtration system. I was at Home Depot a few days ago and saw a small tree with free water test kits so I picked one up an sent a sample of my water in. Of course we got a call back giving minimal results and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks