Search results

1. cvap

PH of softened water

Sorry, I didn't even look for the old thread. I will from now on. Ph of raw is 7.41. A hygrocharger? A 2 cu ft 3m backwash filter with sand and calcite, then a 1 cu ft NFS type 3m iron removing softener, then a 5 micron cartridge filter. I wanted to know if the higher ph was bad for the...
  2. cvap

PH of softened water

Now that I got my filter system working clear, I filled my pool and thought I'd check the PH of the water I was adding. Well, its way over 8.0. since the softener is removing Fe , I can't bypass it. I can treat the pool ok with acid, but shouldn't the high PH be causing scale on the fixtures? Or...
  3. cvap

Terms used in the business

Is there an old thread on here where I can learn more about the terms used and how the different readings are calculated and relate to each other? As well as bad well water, I also have a swim spa that I am learning to take care of.
  4. cvap

Rebedding 1 cu.ft softener

Gary, these tubes are 3/8" id, start in the bottom basket and go into a flange about 8" from the top of the dt that directs the flow through them back down in the resin. They are just covered by the resin. The resin is like sand yes, but very fine sand, like the super sift sand they are using in...
  5. cvap

Thanks Gary, I think it was both. When I put the new resin in it was over the two little tubes that run parallel to the distributor tube. I did backwash it once before using but maybe that was not enough. I used it for a couple days with color throw and possibly the resin coming up from...
  6. cvap

low loss headers

Does putting it on priority mean the floor heat won't run when the spa is on? If so, that kinda defeats the purpose of installing a larger boiler. I also have a big towel warmer on the floor loop. The primary pump was an after thought because I complained of this problem. At first, the secondary...
  7. cvap

low loss headers

While everyone is helping me with my softener issues, I thought I'd ask about another problem I have with a header installed by a local plumber. It feeds two loops, one to floor heat, and one to a Flat Plate exchanger for a 2500 gallon spa. Both work fine alone , but when both are calling for...
  8. cvap

Does that mean I was supposed to put an under bed then the distributer on top of the bed?
  9. cvap

3M determined by the serial # that there was no gravel used in the original setup. I thought that was odd since the media was so fine. My backwash filter had peastone gravel. Also, what is the proper way to relieve the pressure before taking the valve off?
  10. cvap

Thanks, I'll check that. Though I thought since the bottom of the tube was shaped like the bottom of the tank, they should be touching and not suspended up in the media. But maybe the oring got damaged.
  11. cvap

Thanks for responding, I got the resin from 3m and the person I talked to also had before and after system water tests. He sent me exactly 1 cubic foot of resin, which glistens like fiberglass but feels like graphite, and it did fill the tank about 2/3 or 3/4 full. I just dumped the old resin...
  12. cvap

I finally decided to rebed my 14 year old Aqua-Pure NFS-100 iron removing softener and everything seemed to go fine but now filling a tub is yellowish, the same color as the new media. Also the water feels so soft it is slimy. Is it possible the media is being forced out with the water? I've...
  13. cvap

identifying asbestos

Is there anything besides asbestos that was troweled onto duct work for insulation in the 60's? It is an Air-Ease horizontal belt drive hot air furnace in an attic installation. The stuff is gray and is on both sides of the furnace. The house also has the whole furnace room plastered on wire...
  14. cvap

Low loss header question

I recently added a sunroom with a 2500 gal. spa and am having troubles with the boiler's header. It has three loops off of the primary. One to a plate exchanger heating the spa, one to a 10kbtu radiator, and one to 300' of 5/8 pex in the floor. They all work fine alone, but when all three are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks