Search results

1. itsr-ent

Sanicompact 1-1/4 sink connection

Installing a Sanicompact, which has a 1-1/4 connection for a sink. I want to plumb the sink the typical way with a sanitary tee in the wall going up to an AAV. I was able to find a 1-1/4x1-1/4 trap adapter, but I don't think they make 1-1/4 sanitary tees. Any idea on the best way to do this to...
  2. itsr-ent

Toto/Korky valve issues (with new cap)

I have a Toto Eco Drake with the Korky style fill valve. Toilet was purchased/installed in 2015. About a year after installation, the fill valve was hissing. I tested to see if water was leaking into the bowl, didn't find anything, and replaced the R528 cap and cleaned the green filter and float...
  3. itsr-ent

Location of expansion tank?

I would like to locate my expansion tank near my water meter instead of near the water heater. I've read it's OK to have it anywhere in the system, but if installing it off the water heater's cold line make sure it's between the shut off valve and water heater so the valve can't isolate it from...
  4. itsr-ent

1/2" or 3/4" PRV?

I need to install a PRV after my water meter to drop the 120psi city pressure down to 60-75psi. I have a 1" copper water service, the water meter, and then 1/2" copper in the rest of the house (including to the water heater...no 3/4" anywhere). I was told that a 3/4" Watts PRV has less head...
  5. itsr-ent

Toto TSU99A.X vs Korky 528GT fill valve?

Does anyone know the difference (if there is one) between the Toto #TSU99A.X and Korky's Genuine Toto 528GT fill valves?
  6. itsr-ent

Replacing Korky cap

I have a Toto Eco Drake CST743E. It's 2.5 years old and the fill valve (Type B, Korky style) is hissing. I'm going to take it apart and clean it, but I wanted to pick up an R528 replacement cap too in case cleaning it doesn't work. I know when replacing the fill valve, I should get one of the...
  7. itsr-ent

Replacing 3" Copper with 3" PVC

I need to replace a small section (about 3 feet) of horizontal 3" Copper waste line. This is part of a longer run (about 10 feet), but only a small section has been damaged. I was planning to use Fernco Proflex transition couplings (#3001-33) to replace it with PVC. These are specifically...
  8. itsr-ent

Braided faucet connector directly to copper male fitting?

I'm installing a basement utility sink where I ran 1/2" copper down the foundation wall. I used 1/2" ball valves half way down the wall (about 3 feet from the sink), so I was going to skip the angle valve/straight valves. I figured I could solder on copper male adapters and connect the braided...
  9. itsr-ent

Ordered a Toto Eco Drake

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the reviews and info on this site! I need to replace a 15-20 year old Crane toilet (I think 3.5GPF, but it seems to use more than that) in my house. I installed a Kohler Cimarron for my grandparents last year and they really like it, so I went to Lowes again...
  10. itsr-ent

New Woodford sillcock leaking?

I just installed a new Woodford model 17 sillcock. Had an ancient one that leaked from the handle and decided to just replace it rather than repair, as I also wanted to move it to a new location. Old one was in the attached garage, but under a shelf...I moved it down a few feet so I didn't have...
  11. itsr-ent

Double kitchen sink drain problem

Hi guys, I have a double kitchen sink that has been working perfectly for the 20+ years I've used it. Earlier this year, the chrome plumbing underneath basically disintegrated in the spot under the bucket in the picture. I quickly took a picture of it for reference, took it all apart, and...
  12. itsr-ent

Fluidmaster 400A problems!

I just installed a new Kohler Cimmaron toilet that came from the factory with the Fluidmaster 400A (or similar...it's re-branded with Kohler's logo on the cap). The 400A doesn't seem to fully shut off...it has a very slight hissing sound and periodically squirts some water out from under the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks