Search results

1. Abikerboy

Is my system oversized too much?

Always been dumb with wells and plumbing, so when my system was installed I requested everything on the "bigger is better" theory! Now, Im learning a little, and have some questions. Im very anal on my home, and anything to do with it...dont care if I have to sell off myself to pay the bill...
  2. Abikerboy

2-wire vs 3-wire pumps

From an ITT motor manual loaned to me by an educated professional! Im a dummy, so this is all from the manual only!!! 3-wire prose and cons Pro-Capacitor start assures starts under severe circumstances, such as an excessively deep well, or excessice static head. More torque is provided...
  3. Abikerboy

Pump suggestions...

Looking to replace my sub well pump, and have been doing some research. Due to a pressure tank failure and a leak that has been neglected since december, I have been advised that the 14 year old pump may not last too much longer. The well currently serves 3 houses, so I want to keep it going...
  4. Abikerboy

Ok...I posted this and never got an answer...

...so I took the well mans suggestions. I have 2 challenger pressure tanks (pc-144) under my house,...just installed, to replace a blown goulds tank burried in my front yard. The installers suggestion was to also install 2 model pc-88 tanks...one under each of the other two homes on the well to...
  5. Abikerboy

More pressure tank questions

Sorry to be a pest. Just trying to learn here. Last december, I posted a question about a suspicious burried underground pressure tank that is now over 14 years old, and later found that the tank was at that time still good. A blown o-ring was found in the well, and also some leaking fittings...
  6. Abikerboy

The passing of Vaplumber

Just wanted to inform everyone of the passing of a friend to us all. Vaplumber passed away last week after an almost two month illness. He has survived numerous heart problems and several strokes over the last few years, but finally gave up last week to meet his maker. We have all lost a very...
  7. Abikerboy

Bladder tank dead?

Hi The pressure switch on my well burned out over the weekend, sticking closed, and ran the water pressure up to around 135 psi, in turn blowing the fill valves on both toilets, and the ceramic seals in my kitchen faucet. From what I can tell, the pump ran like this all night before it was...
  8. Abikerboy

Toto toilet dies!

I have had several posts here about 2 new toilets that I installed recently. A Kohler Cimmaron, and a Toto (not sure of name) one piece, low profile. Anyway, this evening, I came in, and noticed the Toto was clogging, and even after unclogging, it seemed like any normal amount of useage for...
  9. Abikerboy

For Gary Slusser

Gary. Just visited your site, and was looking at the calculations for a water softener. I dont quite understand how to use this.:D I did the water sf rating test, and the most that I can get from a bathtub is 5 gpm. Anyway, as of now, it's just me living in my home, but I would like to size for...
  10. Abikerboy

Locating unerground tank

Hi all! Need to locate a burried steel storage tank that may be as far as 36-42 inches below ground. I remember seeing here at one time that a normal metal detector cannot locate anything burried at this depth. What kind of detector or device would I need to rent or borrow to find this tank? The...
  11. Abikerboy

Easy demo of csv theory

I was asking a well driller guy about the csv earlier today. At first he didnt understand what I meant, then he breaks into a smile, and mentions a throttling valve, such as a smart tee. He said that the theory can easily be demonstrated with a common box type fan and some cardboard, then we had...
  12. Abikerboy

Help with kitchen plumbing remodel

Hi Im back for some more advice. I am doing a major remodel of my kitchen, and want to place a dishwasher under an island counter opposite my kitchen sink. I know how to connect the dishwasher drain line through an air brake when it is beside the sink, but how do I do this if it is opposite my...
  13. Abikerboy

strange water heater question

Hi! Im back with another wierd question. I have a neighbor who's electric water heater quit heating. I know a little about electricity, and I know how to replace water heater elements thanks to my own hard water, so I thought Id give it a look. There was only one service opening on the heater...
  14. Abikerboy

Pulling a submersible pump-Bad news!!!

Hi; Several weeks ago, I had a post about pulling a submersible pump. We completed the job, and all seemed fine. We installed a Goulds GS series 1 HP 2 wire pump, flushed the well by running the pump with the discharge open, replaced the bladder tank, and connected everything. Pressure was...
  15. Abikerboy

Up close toilet test

Toilet review; Went to visit my plumber today. He had several toilets set up on a make shift 2X4 stand, flushing into glass aquarium type tanks, and had "sponge" balls to flush down. All of his test toilets were ones that he sells in his own shop, so my opinion is the test was fair. I know the...
  16. Abikerboy

Toilet question?

I want something that I can run into Lowe's or Wal Mart and buy a replacement seat, and/or toilet seat and tank covers for (traditional). I am not beyond a one piece design, and in fact would prefer one piece. Thanks so much for this site, and
  17. Abikerboy

Venting question

I need a suggestion for another issue. I have had a sewage smell in my guest bathroom for a couple of weeks lately. On the roof of my house there is a vent pipe above each bathroom, but is not tied into the bathroom lavs or the kitchen sink. Under each sink, the pipe terminates above the level...
  18. Abikerboy

Pump pressure safety switch

Hi guys! With my recent post concerning high water pressure from a well, I now have a question that I hope someone can answer. Since my pressure switch is on a flexible rubber hose in the top of my well, and my pressure tank is burried, I want to protect my system. I had the flex hose feeding...
  19. Abikerboy

Pulling a submersible pump

Im going to be helping a friend in replacing his submersible pump. Going by his construction reports, the pump is at a depth of 225 feet, and is on 1" pvc rigid pipe, threaded in 20 foot sections. My question is can two men handle the weight of this setup? We're trying to determine whether we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks