Search results

1. Reach4

Drain fly killer & pex

Drain flies normally stay on their own side of the traps, so unless you are pulling a toilet or removing a trap, you may never see them. If you think you have them, and you don't have open plumbing, you may have fruit flies. I think they have benefits...
  2. Reach4

Kitchen Drain under Window

1. A two-bowl sink often only needs one trap. 2. You may be able to feed that trap over to under the left part of the window. Need a picture? I don't know how long a 1.5 or 2 inch trap arm is allowed to be in WI.
  3. Reach4

Kitchen Drain under Window

1. A two-bowl sink often only needs one trap. 2. You may be able to feed that trap over to under the left part of the window. Need a picture? I don't know how long a 1.5 or 2 inch trap arm is allowed to be in WI. 3. If you will have a disposal, putting that under the right bowl may be best.
  4. Reach4

Water Softener For Dishwasher

Descale a WH? Not sure. I added some phosphoric acid to try to delime some. But I have no measure of how successful that was. I did get some colors to rinse out. I have wondered if you could put a pressure washer wand in thru an open nipple or full port valve into the bottom of the WH, and...
  5. Reach4

Bidet power requirements

Non-electrics have fewer thing to go wrong. I went with the https://www.homedepot.com/p/Brondell-FreshSpa-Comfort-Ambient-Temperature-Non-Electric-Bidet-Attachment-in-White-FSR-15/312808256 because it was in stock. Cold only. There are others that have you tap into the hot line of the nearby...
  6. Reach4

California Faucets flow restrictor?

I was thinking 9.2.10 -- restrictor combined with aerator. If you inspect that part, is there a little o-ring captured in there? If you omit that part temporarily, what happens?
  7. Reach4

sudden rumbling and hissing sounds periodically from the kitchen drain with odor, now water is coming up into the sink from the drain

I think a partial clog DOWN the line is probably the cause. I don't think the problem is either disposal. I am not a plumber. For your photo to be attached, maximim size is 900 pixels either way, and 200 kBytes size. Somebody might help you shrink one of your photos, or post on a different...
  8. Reach4

sudden rumbling and hissing sounds periodically from the kitchen drain with odor, now water is coming up into the sink from the drain

That pictured device would be a crown vent. The Rectorseal magic trap is similar without the crown vent thing. https://rectorseal.com/magic-trap-kit/
  9. Reach4

Water Softener For Dishwasher

Softener drain line is not limited to downhill before the air gap and trap. You could probably bring the drain line up to a standpipe on the floor above. Air gap, and then standpipe.
  10. Reach4

Plumber missed toilet drain by 2.5" short - what should I do?

1. Was this drawing what was given to the plumber? 2. What does 4'-1/2" on the left refer to?
  11. Reach4

Replacing a section in ABS horizontal drain below slab

In schedule 40 size PVC drain pipe, there is foam core which is most often used. Solid dual rated PVC is stronger but costs a little more... or a lot more, depending on how much you are buying. Schedule 40 is a size. I don't know if all of the ABS pipe is schedule 40 size, or has additional...
  12. Reach4

WEll Shock/disinfection and filtration advice.

"Are there ways to shock the well without damaging the PEX-a and without chlorination?" Well sanitizing is for a short time. Using chlorine, the way I know, can expose pipe to a lot more chlorine strength over a short time. People with chlorinated water are going to have a lot longer exposure...
  13. Reach4

Irrigation Well Pump Issue - Buzzing / Wont Turn On

Charges seem fair to me. You might pay more attention to warranty terms for your new pump installation. https://www.rainmasterlawn.com/blog/understanding-warranties-irrigation-installers-minneapolis-eau-claire-wi gets into discussion, and the company writing this is not in your area.
  14. Reach4

Plumber missed toilet drain by 2.5" short - what should I do?

I think OP may be asking how hard it is to dig into the slab, and move the closet flange to the desired spot. Who poured the concrete?
  15. Reach4

Low pressure to house...block

You have a pressure gauge at the well that says 60 psi. While you are running cold water into the tub at maybe 4 or 5 gpm, what pressure shows at the well, and what pressure shows inside at the same time? You can attach a garden hose thread meter to the drain on the water heater, or to a laundry...
  16. Reach4

Injector for Fleck 5600sxt

I don't recall an instance where somebody said they had a 5600sxt that came with a BLFC smaller than 0.5 gpm. That does not mean that it did not happen, but 0.5 is common. That does not mean that Dave67 won't check and find that he has a 0.25 gpm BLFC. He could do that by examining the BLFC...
  17. Reach4

Question about reducing toilet flushing temperature change

If you feed your bathroom cold with 3/4 inch pipe, that should minimize the effect. Also, I think showers typically use more hot than cold water. I know that can differ. And WorthFlorida told you about shower valves that minimize the effect of water pressure changes. It is usually better to use...
  18. Reach4

Correct Settings for Culligan Softener

Do not expect a softener to deal with rotten eggs smell. I would start by sanitizing my well and plumbing. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/well-sanitizing-extra-attention-to-4-inch-casing.65845/ is my write-up. If the water heater is generating H2S, a powered anode can minimize...
  19. Reach4

RO tank pressurized but no water

Air precharge may be too much for the RO tank. With the water pressure zero, what does the air pressure measure? Seven to ten psi is typical. If the pressure shows near zero, I would expect the bladder/diaphragm has failed.
  20. Reach4

Clearwater FL woman says condo clothes washer must drain into 3"

See https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/laundry-washer-sink-code-question.99759/ for discussion on whether under IPC a standpipe drain line must not be combined with anything else into less than 3 inches.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks