Search results

1. H

Which water valve for replacement?

Brasscraft CPVC weld on These can be disassembled for repair should it become necessary.
  2. H

Well, I finally replaced all 17 valves yesterday. I started with the pipe cutter and tried to cut the valve in half like in the video but the valve spun on the CPVC. So I pulled on the cutter while turning and holding the pipe behind the valve and the valve came off in about 3 - 4 revolutions...
  3. H

I'm not cutting the CPVC. I'm cutting the Flowtite valve and then removing the internals from the CPVC. Are you saying I should use a saw to do that? This is my plan for removal: Remove flowtite using pipe cutter And I'm going to use the Brasscraft 1/4 turn valve to glue onto CPVC.
  4. H

It is a Ratcheting pipe cutter. The plan is to use it on the flowtite valve body as shown in my link above and also here - starts at about 2:00 minutes. Several videos show using it with the flowtite on CPVC. The pipe type doesn't matter.
  5. H

That's why I was looking at the Brasscraft KTPR19X-C. They can be unscrewed and the front half (3/4) can be replaced. I couldn't find the info on the Dahl as to whether they could be unscrewed. I'm not going to cut the pipe. I'm going to use a pipe cutter and cut the flowtite valve...
  6. H

Using the adapter wouldn't matter except for on the valves behind the toilet where they would be seen. Having brass and a chrome plated valve would look bad to me (and the wife). Knowing it was there, I'd see it every time. Thanks. Any reason why Dahl over the Brasscraft? Do the Dahl CPVC...
  7. H

These were the 3 options I was looking at: 1. a glue on valve 2. get a 1/2" CPVC x Male Brass Adapter and a threaded angle valve 3. Just use a shark bite valve? Thanks to all of the comments and looking at the total costs and future proofing should one need changing, I'm now looking at the...
  8. H

I was editing my post above yours so you probably didn't get to see it in its entirety. And to answer your question about what I was reading, it seems that the plastic threads of the adapter and the metal valve can expand differently in a hot water line. This caused issues with the threads and...
  9. H

Just read that the all plastic male adapter is not recommended for the hot water line so I guess using screw on angle valves is not an option. So, should I bite the bullet and use 1. a glue on valve 2. get a 1/2" CPVC x Male Brass Adapter and a threaded angle valve 3. Just use a shark bite valve?
  10. H

We have CPVC piping and the Flowtite push/pull valves. I really hate these valves and want to replace them. My thinking is to add a pipe to male threaded adapter and then add an angled metal valve. I've seen multiple you tube videos where one video likes one valve better than the other. In...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks