Search results

1. Fumisan

Kitchen sink clog / broke galv. cleanout off :(

I had a backup in my kitchen sink. I tried flushing with baking soda & vinegar and hot water. That didn't work. I took the p-trap off and tried snaking with a little handheld snake...It went in a few feet (3 or 4?) and seemed to hit a bend in the pipe and would not go further... So, I...
  2. Fumisan

Stripped American Standard shower stem seat

The house was built in 1970. My shower is leaking. I already replaced the cold water stem in March, 2013. It worked for a while, but is leaking again. It might be the hot water stem. So I tried to replace that. When I tried removing the seat, the seat was already stripped. I tried using a...
  3. Fumisan

Ball valve / water turn off design

I have an old hose bib that's leaking and I want to replace it with a ball valve. I already did the backyard with the help of folks on this site. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?52265-Unsweating-brass-fitting-from-1-2-quot-copper-pipe Now, I'm moving to the front yard. However...
  4. Fumisan

2 Questions Re: Jamie's Toto toilet install

1. What grit sandpaper do you use to install the tank bolts, and 2. How to you "cut" the shims? Utility knife or just lift up until they snap off? Thanks for the great descriptions!
  5. Fumisan

Steel tub tear out / Kohler Villager install - Alcove - Block Wall

Hello, Could you offer some advice on tearing out our existing steel tub and replacing with a CI tub? We are pretty sure we are going to go with a Kohler Villager in biscuit to match Toto sinks and toilet that are Sedona beige. Does anyone know if Kohler biscuit is the same color at Toto...
  6. Fumisan

Unsweating brass fitting from 1/2" copper pipe

I have two outdoor faucets that are leaking. I am in Phoenix, AZ (very hard water) and wanted to change out the existing brass fittings for ball valves. I am having a hard time unsweating the brass from the copper. I've read through many posts on this site looking for answers, but nothing...
  7. Fumisan

American Standard Mainstream vs. Toto Drake

I am fixing my mother's house in Phoenix. She is 94 and lives with us in another city, so she is going to rent her house out once we get it all repaired. There are extensive repairs that still need to be made in all areas of the house (repainting, landscaping, bathtub and vanity replacements...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks