Search results

1. slickrick

4 " Main Drain Tee Couple Question

HJ- Why can't I tap a tee into the main line, as long as I provide slope from the tub? The run is only about 3 feet. Also, my question wasn't about the "how to" on the cutting of the line, but rather was centered around how can I get a new tee into the main line without a slip coupling if I...
  2. slickrick

4 " Main Drain Tee Couple Question

I'm hoping a pro or two might be able to help me here: I have a bathroom renovation where I need to introduce a 4"x4"x1.5" tee to plumb a 1.5 " drain line over to a new whirlpool tub I am dropping in. The existing 4" pipe is strapped and tight as hell on the joists - so the prospect of...
  3. slickrick

CVPC Transitions & General Threading Question

Just to get some clarifications... it seems the "best" method for making a copper to CPVC transition is to use the slip fitting unions that solder brass to copper directly on one side? I'd like to avoid any threaded connections on the metal to metal side of the equation. Is this smart? Rick
  4. slickrick

New Whirlpool Tub Install

Hello all- I was wondering what the opinions are out there on raising the support height of a tub deck I am building for a new whirlpool bath. My dillema is that the tub sits at approx 20" in height out of the box, but I want the set height to be 24" so the granite deck can "flow" into the...
  5. slickrick

Cass- I'd be OK with soft copper vs "hard" pipe with less bendability for water runs to a tub? And I can get 1/2 inch soft copper (same stuff as one would use on AC freon runs right)? That would be great if such a thing is acceptable... which is why these forums are so great. Thanks...
  6. slickrick

Bob NH- Thanks for that... at first I thought you were quoting your own knowledge when you got started! I was in awe :D Hmm... this sounds a lot like the type of parallel thread one would encounter on a compression fitting with a flare on the pipe right? Only trick here is that the...
  7. slickrick

Jimbo- Don't you post over on John's tile forum also? Or is that a differnet jimbo :) No PVC... just CPVC! The shower valve is Danze, and it isn't the inlets, but the output that is configured with a 1/2 NPSM male head (according to thier docs). The inlets are indeed 1/2 NPT tapered...
  8. slickrick

Questions for some pros: 1) On the copper to CVPC transition adapters that are out there, am I good to go simply using the "better" hot water system trans unions on both cold and hot water supply lines (vs the cheaper crap you can supposedly use for just cold water lines)? I'm going 3/4...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks