Search results

1. CindyJ

Is it okay to have an in-sink disposal with a septic system?

We've been living in our home for nearly 40 years. We've always had a septic system and we added a new one a few years ago. We have the tank pumped out every few years. My husband and I are empty nesters, so the system is really not "overworked." Although we've never had an in-sink disposal...
  2. CindyJ

Funky-ish odor in kitchen sink

About 3 months ago, we had a kitchen renovation completed. Included in the renovation were a new double-bowl sink and new dishwasher. The new sink is about 24" from where the old sink was situated, so the sink plumbing was shifted accordingly. About two weeks after all was completed, I started...
  3. CindyJ

Need help choosing a kitchen faucet

We're remodeling our kitchen and I'm looking for a pull-down faucet for my kitchen sink. I'd like one that has a "toggle" on-off setting for the spray feature. I'm told that Grohe will be coming out with a new Ladylux3 faucet with that feature sometime next year, but not knowing when that...
  4. CindyJ

New Toto toilets don't flush like the 35 year-old ones did

We just redid 3 bathrooms in the house and replaced the three 35 year old toilets with Toto toilets -- two Ultramax II with CEFIONTECT, and one Promenade with CEFIONTECT. I've gotta say, their flushing capabilities leave a lot to be desired. Having to flush several times defeats the whole...
  5. CindyJ

How to increase water pressure/flow in showerheads

I have two brand new Grohe Movario shower heads in my shower. One is a handheld, the other is on a fixed shower arm. I'm really unhappy with the water pressure in both. Can any kind of adjustment be made to these shower heads to increase or unrestrict the pressure or water flow? These pricey...
  6. CindyJ

Need advice/recommendations on stationary and hand-held shower heads

We're installing a new faucet and shower heads in an existing shower. We don't presently have a hand-held shower head, but we'd like to add one on a slide bar using a 3-port diverter system. This is by no means a top-of-the-line bathroom, and I'm not looking for high-end products, only...
  7. CindyJ

A very basic question about shower heads

Is there such a thing as a single shower head that is stationary that combines with a hand-held unit? To clarify -- I want a regular shower head that's attached to the shower wall, but that has a "water diverter" that will enable it to work with an associated hand-held unit. I'm probably not...
  8. CindyJ

Need toilet recommendation for a REALLY small powder room

We're in the beginning stages of three simultaneous bathroom remodeling projects. It's quite overwhelming, but for now my focus is on a powder room which my plumber says is the smallest powder room he's ever seen. It measures 43" x 51". We've found a small pedestal sink that will fit in okay...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks