Search results

1. Goldy

Awful sewer gas smell in the baby's room

I just want my home fixed, so that it is safe for us, including my babies to live in, breathe in, be in without any health complications or eminent disasters due to secondary damage issues in the home. Everything needs to be looked at and inspected with a systematic approach so we know it is...
  2. Goldy

I was told by the local health department that there was no mold present in the house, and that there is a sewer gas issue. We are going to look into this a little more and then take the necessary steps to repair the sewer break beneath the slab. We just need to find it with a lot of...
  3. Goldy

Hi. Thank you for the information. I had a guy from the city here today, a guy from the local health department, and the inspector who inspected my home last year. They all concluded that it is a sewer break underneath the slab somewhere beneath the furnace to the bathroom in the hall. They...
  4. Goldy

I had an inspection done....as a matter of fact, hes coming out today to do a re-inspection. Boy did they pull the wool over our eyes!
  5. Goldy

I got their mail and opened it with my mail by accident. It was a letter for the wife being recalled back to work. It seems she got laid off, so I contacted her agent, and her agent picked it up and sent it to her. When her agent came over here I asked her about the odor, and asked her to ask...
  6. Goldy

A new discovery.......I smelled the sewer gases in the bathroom next to the baby's room tonight. I have smelled it there on a few other occasions but always waved it off....becuase it is more potent in the baby's room. I noticed some ducts have what looks like aluminum or duct tape in them...
  7. Goldy

The smell is irritating to the eyes and throat at times, and so bad you have to hold your breath when you go into the room. THe baby's bedroom is above the breakfast area/kitchen, and so is the bathroom next to it. There is another bathroom below, but its not underneath the baby's room. The...
  8. Goldy

There is a bathroom next to the baby's room. The toilet is secured and not moving. I have to check and see if I can smell the sewer gases outside of the babie's room the next time it comes up, to see if it is a downdraft as sewerodor has suggested, and maybe I will try his product. I just...
  9. Goldy

Cookie, My real estate agent, would only take their side in this, claiming they did not know about it, and saying that we are responsible for repairing the problem since we own the house now. I would not even waste my time exploring that avenue because I know they will do nothing to help me, or...
  10. Goldy

Yes Cookie, the bathroom wall does share the same wall as the baby's room. Could they be linked? I dont know.
  11. Goldy

There were two guys. One doing the smoke bombs in the ground level cleanout, and one running in and outta the house to see if there was smoke coming up from anywhere. He said it was all coming up out of the vent stacks. Again.....the smells are SEWER GASES, and it also turns into a MUSTY...
  12. Goldy

There is no dead animal in the attic Mr. Terry, nor is there one in the bathroom. And yes, I am a lady. With respect to that, Dead animals decay and the smell eventually goes away. Again, they are sewer gases that come up thru the ducts in the baby's room. Believe it or not, some "ladies"...
  13. Goldy

THe vents that go thru the roof are probably in the attic above our bedroom, its all insulated and very windy up there. Impossible to walk in it. This happens all the time whether or not the windows are open. I do not think the attic smells, and the smell comes up thru the vents in my room if...
  14. Goldy

The house is about 15 years old. There were no additions to it. The baby's room is in the back of the house on the second floor. The house is on a slab. Behind the house about a hundred feet back from the deck is a beautiful creek, or like a drain for rain. It is not for sewers though. Its...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks