Search results

1. Timbuktu

Admin contact link

Where is the admin contact link ? Im sure its in plain sight,but I just havent been able to find it.
  2. Timbuktu

MURATIC acid.Can it be used effectively to unclog plumbing

My sink's waste water plumbing travels 8ft under the cabin's concrete.it is cloggged and takes several hours to drain on its own. Ive not been able to effectively snake it as I reach an obstruction. Its highly doubtful anything other than hair and soap are the culprits as no one uses the sink...
  3. Timbuktu

I think my well pump has broken suction...

My pump has always discharged water into the reservoir tank as soon as the pump is triggered on . I noticed that it takes 2 to 4 minutes now for that same process. I assume the water now has to be pumped up from its static line each and everytime the pump starts up. It has been operating this...
  4. Timbuktu

Need ideas on unclogging between tub and main septic line.

im trying to unstop the plumbing between my tub drain and the main septic line.( 2ft distance and under a slab) ive disassembled the tub vent assy and removed an 8 inch section of its downpipe (it runs from tub vent to tub drain loc) as a start. I ran a 1/4 inch rod down 2ft which stopped (...
  5. Timbuktu

Water Heater slow leak from bottom

I have a 23 +yo Briggs 42g unit for my cabin which has been in cont' use since at least since 1992. That date was the last time it was inspected by the previous owner,so it could be older. Without pics, I will set the scene best i can in case thats useful:The unit is in the bathroom corner...
  6. Timbuktu

replaced my wells pump ,Franklin control and Pumptec boxes yesterday. pics incl.

This single unit replaced the pumptec and the Franklin control box. other recommendations have been made by members,but this is all they had or would sell and in an emergency type job completion. here are some pics of the aparattus. Now I see the issue with choosing the 1/2 hp 230 volt motor...
  7. Timbuktu

I picked up a used pumptec that looks good. $10 buck was worth the gamble??

Well,the pics are out of order. The top Pumpec #1 pic is the current one on my well. The #2 pic( just above this post) is the newly bought replacement used control box. My idea is to use it as a spare either for parts or in whole,when needed . My question The second pumptec has 2 trip...
  8. Timbuktu

My toilet tank has gas

QUESTION: Does anyone have experience of any other brands whose float mechanisms work in a Kohlers properly? I purchased a kohler toilet 10 yrs ago and the parts in the tank are in their golden years now it seems. The problem is the float mech mechanism is passing gas. When the water...
  9. Timbuktu

pumptec problem

I was having some issues with my pump tec last summer. it seemed like just connection issues within the pumptec itself.Sometimes the wells pump wouldnt come on,but Re positioning the PTec faceplate usually worked.It functioned normally for the next 7 months then it started acting up again . I...
  10. Timbuktu

What pump choices for a 400 ft well,residential use only

BASIC INFO I have a 400 ft well. static level is 140 ft Pump is 1.5 hp ( It delivers 16 gpm until watersource is drawn down to a pumpTec low water stoppage.) Casing OD(what you see on the concrete deck) is about 6-7"dia. I dont know the innards dia. QUESTION: 1-Would using a...
  11. Timbuktu

Fairbanks Morse jet pump...is it smart to rebuild it?

1/2 hp Franklinmorse jet This jet has been lying out in the desert since 1995. Is it worth the effort to look into a rebuild? Even a diy project? My suspicion is no. Since the discharge port is open to the elements,it could easily have rust issues inside,even if it only rains here once or twice...
  12. Timbuktu

How can I extend my pumpcycle intervals to 4 hrs or more?

My pumptec has a max cycle interval of 1.5 hrs. What is an economical way to extend the pump cycle intervals to 4,6 12 hrs etc.? i do it manually now,but id like an automated system. Pool timer? Anything else?
  13. Timbuktu

reduce sand in lines with a smaller pump or extend time between pump cycles

reduce sand in lines without using filters I dont recall the size of my pump right now (1 or 1.5 hp),but I was told by a well man a few years ago that he thought the pump might be too large cause Im sucking some sand and clay up. i have determined that the reservoir 380 ft down reaches its...
  14. Timbuktu

What size sediment screen for my deep well pump?

One of these days my deep well submersable will fail and require a "well man" to pull'er up. So i can be prepared for that day I should be researching now ,the kind of sediment filter that id have them replace the current one with. Thats assuming i have a "mesh size " choice . Of course...
  15. Timbuktu

Pump Tech comes on at preset time,but also comes on randomly inbetween

My pumptech is set for 1.5 hr to cycle on. i noticed that after it has completed a normal pump run after a preset time, it will turn on once again and pump more water again for a minute or two afterward. It has never done this in the 11 years or so ive monitored it until last week. I dont care...
  16. Timbuktu

Well with sand and red clay

I have a 380 ft well here in the southern Kalifornia desert. Ive had it for the last 11 years and would like to address some irritating issues ive had all these years. Now that i put in a DIY drip system(pvc with adj emitters form HD) , the sand( actually a little larger than sand as its...
  17. Timbuktu

ways to draw water from my well if/ when electricityout during possible SHTF

Im looking at flowjack.com Any experts out there? My well is 380 ft. Static water at 150 Any comments on this one or any other types being marketed? Compressed air types..who knows how many other ways. of course Im looking at only drinking water at that point. FYI Plants and...
  18. Timbuktu

Jet Pump problem

jet pump develops leak at discharge end.. I have a home well with 2200 gal sto tank which sends water to the jet pump that sends water to a to 30 gal pressurized tank then the water goes to the house and other outlets. I had closed the water intake valve that is between the water reservoir...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks