Search results

1. u.s.coins

Galvanized supply line question

I wouldn't even try using any of the galvanized original. just inviting nightmares. jmo
  2. u.s.coins

question on wifi usage

I have a lap-top windows-7 and want to use it in a waiting room that offers free wifi. would I be able to use my computer there and what do I do to connect, if it's a possibility? I need the how to spelled out so that a challenged operator like me can thoroughly understand. appreciate any help...
  3. u.s.coins

Stubborn Toilet Requires 2 Flushes

I think I would address the rim holes once again. clean them out with a piece of coat-hanger. take a look and see if the commode has a siphon hole in the bowl. this can and will become clogged with deposits over time and definitely needs cleaned out also. this is what gives you the oomp in...
  4. u.s.coins

Do the springs in a Delta single lever unit have to be replaced if still good?

i would get original equipment myself. i've used after-market and was unsatisfied with their quality. go to a plumbing supply and you should find the delta brand. hth
  5. u.s.coins

Emails go to trash

here ya go. http://handymanwire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/12/1/Computer_Help :D
  6. u.s.coins

Emails go to trash

no idea but i could send you a link to a forum i frequent that has some very smart computer geeks that would probably steer you right. ;) let me know here or PM. steve
  7. u.s.coins

Internal leak in a toilet?

...i think the first thing i would do is to isolate the problem. put some food coloring into the tank and after a few hours check and see if the coloring shows up in the bowl. if so then you have a flapper problem and i would change it and go from there. hth
  8. u.s.coins

replacing shower body--what does "supply building with main shutoff valve" mean?

...i think they are worried that you're going to shut off everybody's water to the building. if you have shut offs for this fixture, of course no problem. that's how i read it anyway. hth
  9. u.s.coins

Recommend a laptop??

i just bought a ASUS laptop windows 7 and i'm very satisfied with it so far. i bought it because of a recommendation from a guy that i listen to on a computer show on saturdays. the show is on at 1 pm eastern. anyway he has a shop and mentioned that he gets very few ASUS brand computers that...
  10. u.s.coins

logging into a site

i'm giving up on it. tried all suggestions. at least i can get in on my desk top. :rolleyes:
  11. u.s.coins

logging into a site

yes i am using IE-9. i checked my settings and didn't have java so i installed it and cookies were enabled but still no dice.:confused:
  12. u.s.coins

logging into a site

the site address is www.money.org i contacted them and they were able to log in with the username and password that i provided. i also was able to log in on my other desk top which is windows xp, but not with my new lap-top windows-7. ?????
  13. u.s.coins

Another "whatta you think post"

i guess it could be installed secretly, though. ;)
  14. u.s.coins

i wouldn't be concerned with a warranty surely, but i don't think i would put it out for the trash man either. i think that would be a colossal waste to discard whether or not it was considered obsolete. jmho
  15. u.s.coins

logging into a site

...i also have windows-7.
  16. u.s.coins

logging into a site

Maybe a JRE version issue. ...what does that mean? also i tried chrome and changed the pop ups to no avail.
  17. u.s.coins

if you had a chance to buy a gas fired water tank ten or more years old, still in the box, never opened, would you buy it? if not, why? just curious. :rolleyes:
  18. u.s.coins

this is just one of those "whatta you think?" posts.

would you leave a water heater full of water in a home that is vacant? the pilot remains on so it doesn't cycle at all and the heat is left on during winter. would leaving the tank full of water cause the tank to corrode even though it isn't being used? your suggestions/advice and reason...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks