Search results

1. Queen50

Adding a Tiny Bath Room

I don't know about the plumbing, but if it's not too late, you may want to look at boat heads (bathrooms) for how to utilize the small space. Essentially, as in many Japanese bathrooms, the entire room is waterproofed with an open shower.
  2. Queen50

Slow-draining Kitchen Sink But No Clogs

OK I'm not an expert, but when our double sink acted like this, we unscrewed the P-trap where it goes into the wall and found a clog of grease that had accumulated over time. It plugged about 40% of the pipe!
  3. Queen50

Identifying issues with installing freestanding tub in basement

Thanks for the info. I thought some of the slab might need to come up. Looking at the faucets available, it looks like the pex water lines will need to be run under the slab as well. Oh, well.
  4. Queen50

Identifying issues with installing freestanding tub in basement

Need advice, please. We want to replace an acrylic one-piece shower with a freestanding tub in a basement bathroom. By removing an alcove wall and rerouting the pex water lines, we would have the space to place the tub utilizing the existing drain. (The drain lines are below grade.) The work...
  5. Queen50

Toilet won't flush.. Not clogged.

When I used to wash clothes with cold water and a power detergent, we had a crust of detergent build up at the outlet where the pipe ran into the tank. It would allow stuff to pass slowly through.
  6. Queen50

Question about bathroom sink pop-up drains

Cover the closed popup with one of those flat rubber stoppers to hold water for a long time. I hate popups...it seems they're always failing or in need of adjustment.
  7. Queen50

Water heater replacement in modular home

That's what I suspected. I found another provider who will do it for $1200. Includes new WH tank, drip pan, earthquake straps, installation and haul away.
  8. Queen50

Water heater replacement in modular home

Our 40 gallon electric water gave up the ghost three days before Christmas; the thermostat wouldn't shut off. Since it is 15 years old, we turned off the circuit breaker, picked out a similar sized 50 gallon tank on-line from a big box store, and arranged to have it installed through their 'same...
  9. Queen50

Stinky front loader Bosch washing machine - what to do?

There are deodorizers specifically made for front-load washers. Also, clean the door gasket with vinegar and water. If you can't get the smell out, you may want to replace the gasket.
  10. Queen50

Highest toilet seat available

You might look at Mayfair toilet seats.
  11. Queen50

Toilet seats /wood/ they get bad soon

I like the MayfAir wooden seat $34.
  12. Queen50

Kitchen faucet with pull out opinions?

Thanks for the input. I have had a Delta faucet in my kitchen for 38 years, so I think I'll stick with the brand.
  13. Queen50

Kitchen faucet with pull out opinions?

I sorta would like one, but are they problem prone? Leaky, won't retract etc? Anyone with experience?
  14. Queen50

Advice to first time DIYer replacing 14" rough-in toilet?

I see they also make that toilet with regular height and round bowl. That would save a couple of inches protrusion into the room.
  15. Queen50

Replace WH now or wait for new improved one?

Thanks to all for the info. There's a lot to consider! I don't think 80 gal would work in our space. My current WH is electric. We have propane on site; can it be used on a gas unit? The cost of running the gas line from the tank would also have to be considered.
  16. Queen50

Only one bather and one excessively long showerer. The rest of us are normal shower people. So far we're getting around by staggering showers and running the dishwasher later at night. Even so, when I use the master shower I have to keep adjusting the water temp up as I go. The WH also doesn't...
  17. Queen50

We had 3 people and two bathrooms in the house when the water heater was new. We've since put another 3-piece bath in the basement, and there are 7 people here now (4 adults, 2 teenagers and a grade schooler). Hence the need for a larger WH.
  18. Queen50

I have a 40 gal electric water heater that is 10 years old and slowly fading. It's too small for our needs now and we want to replace it with a 50 or 55 gallon. I'm trying to decide whether to do it now, or wait for the new more efficient units to come out. I know I need a cost/benefits...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks