Search results

1. firepilot

New install Diverter valve puzzlement

Ok back for some more advice. I really appreciate all I have received so far on my project. I have the shower tiled and the diverter valve isn't working how I expected. I am using a Delta R1100 diverter valve. It has three positions on it. I have a shower head, a handheld shower head and a...
  2. firepilot

Water temp in Remodeled Bathroom

Hi All, Nearing completion of our bath remodel. Have the toilet working fine, One sink with vanity installed and a 50 gal tub. I have a 75 Gal water heater on the far side of the house, but so far the water in the tub will only get warm. If we run a bit of cold water it will get quite hot for...
  3. firepilot

P-trap to wall height difference

Installing a sink in our new vanity. The rough plumbing waste/vent was roughed in at 19 1/2 inches per info I found here. The new sink is in a vanity which is more furniture like. With the sink set and the p-trap attached to the tail pipe there is about a 3" difference in height, the p-trap...
  4. firepilot

Plumbing on a new bathroom. Vent question

Hello, I am working on a bathroom remodel. Adding a entire new bath one hall over from the old tiny bath. The far end of my run is a shower drain. It is 2' ABS and has a 1 1/2 vent less than 4 feet down stream going up to the attic where it will tie into the main stack. The next fixture is...
  5. firepilot

Excessive Charges? 73 yr old father needs a hand

Hey All, Talked to my father last night. He was telling me he had a slide in shower unit installed in his rental house. I'm trying to get him to send me a photo of the job. He is frustrated it wasn't done well and he is having to Jerry Rig the drywall to fit. He is claiming poor workmanship on...
  6. firepilot

Beam support next to foundation

Hey all, Installing a beam today and the dang building dept is closed today. Hope I can get some direction. We have the support for the beam in the basement all ready to go. So I will have support from the Concrete basement floor all the way up through the beam and then a knee wall in the...
  7. firepilot

Putting a post through a HVAC Duct

Hello, We are doing a kitchen remodel and removing a wall. The wall is a bearing wall and the span is to be supported by a Glue lam beam. The wall sits on Triple 2x10 floor joists as it is right now. I need to add a 4x4 post in the basement to support the point load of the end of the beam...
  8. firepilot

L or 90 degree shower curtain rods

Hi There, Just finishing a shower remodel and looking for info on shower rods/curtains. Not sure if this is the right place or not. I need a shower rod that has a 90 degree bend in it. I have seen several for sale and any that look well built have a ceiling support. My question is this how...
  9. firepilot

Small leak in new copper soldering.

Hi, I have been reading a bunch on this forum for the last few weeks. I am doing a small bathroom remodel. I had to change a few copper lines and add a couple of tee's to bring water to a new shower. I finished last night and today after work I pressurized the system. Of the 25 joints I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks