Search results

1. Billfig

repairing leak on older/smaller copper pipe advice wanted

Hi, so I want to repair a couple leaks at my brothers house which is a somewhat older ranch. Its at the sink & below- in the basement. Seems its mixed sizing from 1/2" & a smaller size(3/8")? I never even knew they had such a size in pipe..not tubing. all the copper was brush painted to years ago?
  2. Billfig

flooded basement/cleanup opinion

In a week we had 15" or more of snow, then a quick thaw to continuous rain, then an ice storm WTF! My Liberty 1/2hp sub was overwhelmed and when I got up at 7:30 it was 3" deep and at 10:30 the pump finally caught up and cycled...So anyways, it sat for 6 days then a rapid cleanout. We then...
  3. Billfig

Advise on Anode rod

Hi & Happy Holidays! I installed a new 40gal 9yr GE (rheem) electric tank exactly 2 mos ago. Our water has recently(3-4 wks) been getting nasty with an ubtrusive sulpher smell, so I called rheem & she said "well system? add a chlorinator". I asked about a "different" anode rod & she said an...
  4. Billfig

need help identifying softener?

My son's house water is bad, its an old farmhouse. It has a new chlorinator? well pump, hot water tank and a huge wellmate "holding tank"? and an old looking softener type deal tank with a big valve on top but there is no salt tank??? It is a hydroflo devive-blue tank? Can anyone shed some light...
  5. Billfig

air in pipes?

2 weeks ago I drained HW tank and flushed repeatedly to remove all the anode rod junk (15x) I installed an anode rod. I also drained bladder tank and installed a new inline cartridge(12") and the water has been great! My shutoffs were somewhat seized from age/gunk? and I loosened the nuts to get...
  6. Billfig

whole house water filter

Hi, got a softener and a small 10-12" filter using the carbon cartridges. Sears has a 3' floor job on sale for 200.00 which is carbon too and supposed to last 10 yrs.?? I've had descent luck with their softeners for 25 yrs.
  7. Billfig

how about this hookup...

This seems my only way..I do plan to clamp after I get a base pedestal built
  8. Billfig

need advice on washer hookup & drain extensions?

I want to change appliances placement to pic shown and wondering best/easiest way to do? I will need to run everything to standpipe but not sure of correct method? Soon I imagine I will build some pedestals to raise machines up approx. 15" as well. Washer is on left, dryer has a steam water...
  9. Billfig

need advice on inline filter...?

Hi, I've always had a 2"x12" cartridge filter, actually 2, 1 between psi tank & softener and 1 after softener but I stopped using the after softener one a month or 2 ago to help psi. Anyways..the cartridge keeps getting fouled/plugged-lasts maybe a month! whats going on? I thought I read someone...
  10. Billfig

Water Quality/chaulky water?

It seems more apparent on non metal materials and after going thru the dishwasher? The silverware doesnt shine as well either. I just put the Kenmore Softener in within the past 6 mos. It seemed to develop after I replaced my diaphram tank setup a few weeks ago. I checked & cleaned the venturi...
  11. Billfig

Something's up with water flow?

I went ahead and renewed my diaphragm tank and plumbing for preventative maintainance. I put in a Gould v100s 32 gal short and fat tank which replaced my Gould v60 19.6 gal tank. psi switch set at 34/54, I also removed my charcoal whole house filter. Everything seemed really great! A week or so...
  12. Billfig

what do they call this fitting?

I have a 1"check valve on my tank tee, the Plastic Elbow thet screws into it and then slides into the 1-1/4" plastic tubing/pipe from my well. It appears this elbow has a very slight leak so I was thinking when I reseal the threads, maybe I should put a brass one in-I also could use an extra...
  13. Billfig

Preference on sealing tank tee to tank elbow?

I'll be replacing my Tee this week. I had used pipe joint compound(Ace hardware brand in tube) which is leaking? I've since picked up a can of Rector-seal 5 (slow-dry/soft set) and a roll of "blue monster" teflon tape for final repair. tank and elbow are new as well. Other than the tube compound...
  14. Billfig

advice on fixing diverter valve

Solved:advice on fixing diverter valve Solved: Hi, The small push/pull lever? for sending water to shower head, is that called a diverter valve? Anyways ours leaks into the tub and is stuck/seized for years now since we only use the shower now. I assume I will have to shut off water?, remove...
  15. Billfig

I need an accurate pressure gauge

any common names? I read oil filled is better but what about accuracy? I believe its 1/4"
  16. Billfig

Can new simple water pressure gauge be inaccurate?

It's a Campbell PG1T (9.00) on my well tank Tee. I believe it reads 10psi over...pos!lol when gauge reads 50psi my reading at new tank is 40psi. Do I need to go and get a $30.00? oil filled gauge for an accurate and trusty gauge? TIA!
  17. Billfig

how to fine tune 30/50 pressure switch?

Square D with lever, has 2 posts for adjustment, the center proudest stud for Range"turn nut down for higher cut-in, or up for lower cut-in. I thought this one is for raising overall pressure?? lower stud off to side is Differential "turn nut down for higher cut-out pressure or up(loosen) for...
  18. Billfig

Advice needed on mounting pressure switch

Looks like they gave me the wrong Tank cross/Tee:mad: After looking at receipt, they didn't charge me either:confused::p Either I pull it apart and get another Tee(if even available?) or is there a workaround? Oh, I forgot to mention, this is a 10" & this 22" tank must take a 13" Tee. Of course...
  19. Billfig

Does a new setup need a relief valve?

Got a new Goulds HPro v100s (32g) to replace a Goulds v60 (20g). I ended up getting all the little goodies as well except relief valve, my old setup didn't have one either. Also, do you all use pipe dope and teflon tape on all threads? Thanks...:)
  20. Billfig

why 3 different size psi switches?

20/40,30/50 & 40/60? Gould precharge on all its tanks are 38psi meaning a 40/60 switch and I suppose if using a 30/50 you would have to drain precharge down to 28psi correct?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks