Search results

1. Andy911

Parallel 6kW tankless water heaters for shower?

Hello, I am plumbing out a seasonal cottage that needs to be winterized and I am considering the use of 2 Rheem 6kW tankless electric water heaters in parellel just to run the single shower in the cottage. The main reason I am considering this small heater is because the heating element in these...
  2. Andy911

Wet Venting Diameter? At least 2"

I would like to wet vent a shower (2” drain) with the sink. Ideally I would like to use a 2”/2”/1.5” wye off the 2” drain pipe because the 1.5” coupler and pipe is easier to get through joist notching regs. But can the wet vent / sink drain pipe be 1.5” here or does it need to be 2”? (No...
  3. Andy911

Glue up or direct to stud - waterproofing seams?

Hi, I'm planning to use wall panels for my 48" x 36" corner shower because I like the clean look of a single white panel matched with a white shower pan, as well as the lower maintenance. However, I am a little concerned about how to properly waterproof the wall-wall corner seam? For the direct...
  4. Andy911

What water table level is safe?

I had a portion of my basement lowered by 1 ft, leaving a bench wall. Because of this I needed to add a sump pump for drainage around this lowered portion. It appears that the "natural" water table is just slightly below the lowered area - I would guess only a few inches below the lowered...
  5. Andy911

Replacing toilet flange - use 4" ABS as coupler?

Hi, I am trying to replace my toilet flange. There's not really any 3" pipe past the old flange before the 90, so my cut pipe right now is 3" I.D. and 4" O.D (ie. because it is the thickness of the original 3" plus the toilet flange coupling) Can I use a piece of 4" ABS as a coupler and then...
  6. Andy911

tankless floor mount toilet?

Hi, I'm wondering if such a thing exists as a tankless (or in wall tank) toilet that isnt wall hung? I want the shallow depth (~21") of a wall hung toilet but dont care for the look or the expense of the wall mount bracket, structural requirements, or rerouting the drain plumbing to in-wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks