Search results

1. toolman613

new well pump installation questions

Why does the depth of the well make the cable guards ineffective? I would think that would be more dependant on the relative diameters of pump and casing. Here's why I think the price was steep: I've found the pump online for $500-$600. I doubt their cost was more than that (if so, they need a...
  2. toolman613

Grainger calls them "cable guards", if that's what you're talking about. And for only a couple of dollars each (even at Grainger's prices) that looks like good insurance. What spacing/locations should they be installed? I've got a good Fluke meter and a megger so I may check the wires myself...
  3. toolman613

The warranty company only paid $600. When I read my coverage before I called them I figured that would be enough (naive on my part!). The rest came out of my pocket. Not sure what you mean by centering device. Google only showed something that is used during the placement of the casing. No, he...
  4. toolman613

Sorry, I didn't mention that this is a 4" pump in a 6" casing. That seems like quite a bit of room for the pump to move around. When I spoke with the tech later, I pointed out what you said about mine being an easy one (shallow and relatively new install). The problem is that my warranty...
  5. toolman613

Here's the background: Our 4 year old submersible well pump started acting up last week. It would run for about 15 sec. and then shutoff for about 60 sec. and repeat (the pressure switch was working properly). I figured it was a thermal overload trip in the motor. I called our home warranty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks