Search results

1. G

Basement Bath groundwork

Thanks Terry, so I should end up with 3 drain pipes and 2 vent pipes coming out of the concrete, right? I don't mind re-doing it with more fittings, it's cheap compared to the $2K I was qouted for having someone do it. The only doubt left in my mind is that I peeked at other new constructions at...
  2. G

Basement Bath groundwork

Thanks for input. I will check the code regarding wet vents and the double wye on its back, then glue it all and call the inspector. I just wanted to get to the point where I could pour the slab. A few more questions: 1) To fill in around the pipes should I use dirt and then the slab...
  3. G

Basement Bath groundwork

Thanks jc, I read a few dwv books at the local library and went to work. I will attempt to attach a pdf of my plumbing layout (only doing basement rough-in for future bath addition, the rest of the house I will pay a plumber). Also attaching pics of what I've test-fitted so far.
  4. G

Basement Bath groundwork

I'm building a house in VA and wanted to rough-in plumbing for a future basement bathroom. My plumbing knowledge is 1/4" per foot, it all flows downhill and vent pipes are a royal pain to figure out. My questions are: 1) I have placed a 6" sleeve under the footer before it was poured, so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks