Search results

1. old_man

Delta R10000 installation...leave plastic screen in during soldering??

Folks, Delta R10000 installation instructions indicate to leave plastic screen in place during soldering, but to "avoid high temperatures" since it may damage screen!? Any idea why they want you to leave screen on, then have to worry about using too much heat? I see photos online of...
  2. old_man

Tub/shower valve installation with 2x3 studs

I am replacing old three handle tub/shower valve with new single handle unit. I am looking at using the Delta R10000 valve body. However my wall studs are 2x3 so I only have 2 1/2 inches of wall cavity depth. Not enough for normal stringer I don't think. How is this normally handled? Thanks,
  3. old_man

Installing new tub - is there an easy way to extend PVC drain pipe 1/2"

I'm putting in a new tub and I need to extend the length of the PVC drain pipe shown in photo by 1/2 inch in order for trap to line up properly with overflow tube. Is there a clean way to do this without cutting open plywood farther back and replacing a larger section? Thanks
  4. old_man

Copper pipe support and thermal expansion

Folks, I will be replacing a 20' section of 1/2" Cu that feeds external hose bibb (pinhole leaks). I am concerned about the lack of accomodation for thermal expansion of this long pipe. I looked up some formulas for expansion of copper tubing and how long pipe offset should be to accomodate...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks