Search results

1. GShelton

Hose Bib Brand Recommendations?

Getting ready to install the exterior siding on my house and will be installing the hose bibs (spigots, faucets, any other name here. LOL!) I would like to have some recommendations of a good quality brand that will last as long as the house. I would prefer something made here on U.S. soil...
  2. GShelton

Odd pressure problem

Hi All, My sister has a rental house that is suffering some pressure issues. She told me that a former tenant was complaining about the pressure, but never did anything about it. I do not know the age of the house, but I am sure I can find out. I also do not know what the supply lines are...
  3. GShelton

Proper way to test rough in with Tubs?

OK, I have searched and read and searched and read... I am getting ready for the second rough-in inspection. I have all the DWV pipe installed in the house (minus the trap for the main bath tub which will be in tomorrow.) At this time, I have not connected the master tub to the trap (and...
  4. GShelton

Shower Valve on a Different wall than head?

I searched, and read, but did not find the answer. I am roughing in my master shower in new construction. The shower has 2 walls and 2 full glass sides. I would like to put the valve on the wall as you step into the shower, and the head on the back wall. Run length will be approx 8 feet from...
  5. GShelton

2 Pex lines to a Urinal out of the question?

I like overkill. :) But I also like to be sure I am doing something "enough" for what I need. So here is the situation. I am plumbing in my garage bathroom and I went with the Manabloc and Pex tubing. The manifold is all 1/2" feeds. (I have the adapters to knock it down to 3/8" for the...
  6. GShelton

Bevel and Grease Pipe (Septic Insertion)

I searched, but came up empty. I have never tied into a septic tank before. The tank is already installed and approved for use. The gasket on the input of the tank states "Bevel and Grease Pipe." I have no problem with the bevel, but what kind of grease do I use? I was thinking about using...
  7. GShelton

Tub Box. Where to get? Other name?

Hi all, you guys were awesome when I did my garage rough-in. It is now time to do the house. I am installing the rough plumbing in 2 days and I need to find 3 tub boxes. I am in kind of a middle of nowhere town so I have yet to be able to find them. Today at bLowe's I had to explain to the...
  8. GShelton

Would like some advice. (DWV Drawing)

First, I must say thanks to all of you for being here. I think I have read just about every post here and I thank you all for it. Next, I would like to ask your professional opinions on this drawing. Will this pass an inspection? Is this the proper way to go about it? Is there a better way...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks